Hi there! Andrew2448 here, the creator of Modular Powersuits Addons (MPSA)
MPSA is a mod that extends the experience of Modular Powersuits (MPS), found here. Initially, in 1.4.7, MPSA was integrated into MPS because there were just a few modules that I wanted to be added. As time went on, I began creating more and more modules to the point that MachineMuse (The author of MPS) and I decided that we would be better off splitting the two mods apart for organizational purposes. MPSA has been alive and well for around 5 months now so this thread is long overdue.
This mod depends on Modular Powersuits. If you do not have MPS installed, your game will not launch. I will not explain the basics of MPS here, you can find more information on that on MachineMuse's website.
It is assumed you will have a basic understanding of MPS mechanics before reading these.
The generator will produce the amount of its "power value" every 5 blocks the player moves. It will also generate 5 units of heat. This means that traveling too fast could leave you overheating very quickly.
- The player is on fire. If so, it will generate 4x the "base energy" value.
- The player's current heat level is above 200. If so, it will generate 2x the "base energy" value.
- The player's current heat level is above 50% of the player's heat capacity. If so, it will generate the "base energy" value.
This module can be seen in use here, starting at 4 minutes, 16 seconds.
This mod is a MinecraftForge mod!!!
Because of the integration with MPS, MPSA requires very specific MPS versions and installing them correctly can be tricky. The current recommended pair is MPS 534 and MPSA 165 for Minecraft 1.5.2
Beta versions can be found here, (MPS beta versions found here) but these versions are prone to crashing and are incomplete. The versions of MPS that they require are VERY SPECIFIC and are clearly labeled in the file name. If you come to me with an incompatible version mismatch then I will be very angry with you. Read the filename!!!
MPSA, like MPS, is also Open Source. My github repo is located here. Feel free to mess around with it, code your own crazy stuff, use my stuff as an example, and even submit PRs. I can't guarantee I will accept any PRs though.
I have an issue tracker on my github repo (here) that I use to keep track of bugs. Please do not post them in this thread as I probably won't be checking it very often.
Getting into contact with me is quite easy. Here are all the ways you can do it, listed from quickest response time to slowest response time.
- IRC - irc.esper.net or irc.synirc.net. I can be found in almost every minecraft channel on esper although #mps is the preferred channel for mod related contact. I can also be found in #ftb on esper and #technic on synirc.
- Twitter - I have a twitter here that I use for mod related stuff.
- FTB Forums - You can message me here or post on the MPS thread here to get my attention
- This Thread - To be honest, I'm probably not going to check this thread very often so it is definitely not the best way to find me.
- Email - If you've tried everything else and still haven't found me, you can shoot me an email at [email protected], but its not likely I will ever respond to you.
Unfortunately I currently have no spotlights, but if any of you care to make one I would gladly accept it.
My stance is pretty easy going - do whatever you want. I like it when people tell me that they are adding my mod to a pack or they are changing it in someway but there is no really no way I can enforce stopping you. I will never restrict someone from adding this mod to a modpack.
My actual license can be found here, on my github repo.
TL;DR: Yes, you can add it to your pack.
I do coding as a hobby, not as a job, and MPSA is just a side project of mine. I also provide download links free of adfly because I believe that I should not restrict the users in any way. Because I do these things, I hope that some of you would be willing to donate so that I can keep myself alive.
- MachineMuse - For dealing with me this far and still letting me hang around. Thank you for the help early on and for creating a great mod for me to hook into.
- X-Wing9 - For making my textures because I am a terrible artist. <3
- Soaryn - For being a friend from the beginning and letting me beta test XyCraft in the beginnings.
- King_Lemming - For adding hooks into Thermal Expansion that allow me to create certain modules
- IC2 Team - For adding hooks in their api to allow me to make more modules.
- Sengir - For adding hooks into his api to allow me to make more modules.
- LexManos/cpw for creating MinecraftForge and allowing modding to become what it has.
- Searge - For creating MCP and allowing Minecraft modding to happen in the first place.
- FTB/Technic for including this mod into packs and helping gain support.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my mod.