Just you, some trees, and a couple friends.
Skyblock is a wonderful map, but this is NOT Skyblock, and is nothing like it. Play it for 20 minutes and you'll see.
4.0 Initial release. You can pretty much make, breed, grow, spawn, or trade for everything in the game, eventually. If you're smart
4.1 Incremental Update to Minecraft 1.5. Added Quartz and more Soul Sand. Put most starting items in a chest. Increased biome sizes and replaced the Desert with a Mushroom biome. Modified the challenges to be much easier to mark completed. Moved the spawn point so slimes are easier to get. NOTE: This does not seem to have taken. I'll fix it again in 4.2, but for now follow the below instructions.
TO FIX SLIME SPAWNING:
- Download and install NBTExplorer if you don't already have it.
- Open it and navigate to your SAVES folder (something like C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves)
- Navigate into OceanBlock_4.0 -> Level.dat -> Data: 24 Entries -> SpawnX and SpawnZ
- SpawnX should be 289. Change it to 250. If it is not 289, change it to a number near what it is but at least 25 away.
- Leave SpawnY alone. It's a height value that doesn't matter here.
- SpawnZ should already be 598. Change it to 550. If it is not 550, change it to a number near what is is but at least 25 away.
- File -> Save
- Exit out of NBTExplorer.
- All done!
- Slimes (and sometimes passive mobs) won't spawn. Run the above fix if this occurs on your map. This will be fixed when I update to 4.2.
- Zombie Pigmen sometimes won't spawn, or will spawn but only in very small numbers. Run the below fix for this. This will be fixed when I update to 4.2.
TO FIX ZOMBIE PIGMAN SPAWNING:
- Open your map in MCEdit. If you are not comfortable with MCEdit, read up on it and make a backup of your map before using it!
- Go to the Nether.
- Highlight all "normal" looking areas. You'll have to do this step several times for each of the 4 areas North/South/East/West around the big lava lake.
- Select the fill tool, and fill the area with bedrock. You'll have to do this step several times for each of the 4 areas North/South/East/West around the big lava lake.
ADFLY LINK: OceanBlock 4.1
DIRECT LINK: OceanBlock 4.1
ADFLY LINK: OceanBlock 4.1 Hardcore
DIRECT LINK: OceanBlock 4.1 Hardcore
Version En Español (Thanks to MsFenixWolf):
ADFLY LINK: OceanBlock 4.1 En Español
MEDIAFIRE LINK: OceanBlock 4.1 En Español
Multiplayer server! (Thanks to BritishCommando2 for setting up and running this):
Just paste that into Minecraft and head on over!
Alternate urls: oceanblock.me oceanblock.co oceanblock.in oceanblock.org
Once connected hit T, then type /server Oceanblock
Then read all the signs for what to do next!
- Do not kill yourself in ANY way for ANY purpose.
- NO mods/hacks/cheats that give you an advantage. (Optifine is fine, but TMI is not)
- Play on at least easy difficulty.
- Have FUN!
- There is a bed on the island, and when you start it should be night. Sleep in the bed to set your spawn point, and sleep in it whenever you move it. This will keep you from spawning on the ocean floor, which is a Minecraft bug that I cannot fix.
- When you start, there is no lava. There is no stone. You'll be working with wood until you can get iron tools, either from a mob trap or from Iron Golems, or from trading with villagers.
- Most of the stuff you'll work with in on the little block of dirt, sand, and a few other resources that you spawn on. There are some goodies available if you search a bit, but don't look too far! *EVERYTHING* unique is within 16 horizontal meters of the bed in the center of the island.
- There are 5 biomes in the world. Most of the world is a plains biome, but there is also a snow, a jungle, a swamp, and a mushroom biome. And like everything else of interest, they're all within 16 meters of that bed. They're also all placed symmetrically so if you can find one, you should be able to find the other 3.
- There is an emergency cache on the non-hardcore version of this map. It's not exactly hidden but it's out of the way. It has a few critical resources that you start with, but could lose. For the ultimate challenge, try to do EVERYTHING below without ever opening that cache. If you don't like it but don't want to use its contents, feel free to destroy it and throw it and its contents into the sea or onto your cactus.
- There is coal on this map. And diamonds. And obsidian. And all of the Nether blocks. And Nether Wart. Yes, you can get it all. And yes, you'll need it all.
MILESTONES (Do in REVERSE order):
- Build a Village
- Mine the Obsidian
- Go to the Nether
- Activate the End Portal.
- Get a Dragon egg.
(the remaining lists are actually in reverse order, the same order they are in the book. Do them in any order you wish, but the ones at the bottom of each category are a bit easier than the ones at the top)
- Enchanting Room
- A House for yourself (Include Brick, Nether Brick, Stone Brick, and Quartz)
- Cobblestone generator
- Giant red mushroom
- Giant brown mushroom
- Mob farm
- Grass for Animals (Min. 8x8)
- Golden Apple
- Other Golden Apple
- Golden Carrot
- Brewing Stand
- 16 Jack 'o' Lanterns
- Enchantment Table
- Get a tool, weapon, or armor with at least 2 level-IV enchantments
- Enchant something with 30 levels of experience
- Cake and Pie (eat an entire cake and a pumpkin pie in one sitting, to fill your hunger bar from 0 to 10)
- Make a jukebox and collect records for it
- Automate something with pistons, hoppers, and/or dispensers
- Hang a map and at least 1 painting in your house
- Pot some plants for decoration
- Tame a Wolf
- Tame an Ocelot
- A Full set of leather armor, each piece dyed
- A Mismatched Set (One each of helmet, chestplate, leggings, and boots in iron, gold, diamond, and chainmail. No duplicates)
- Use a carrot on a stick to ride a saddled pig
- 16 Blaze Rods.
- 64 Bonemeal
- 64 Arrows
- A Bow
- Mushroom (Min. 8x8 mycelium area)
- Pumpkin (Min. 1 stalk)
- Sugarcane (Min. 64)
- Jungle tree (Min. 4 or a 2x2 square)
- Birch tree (Min. 4)
- Spruce tree (Min. 4)
- Oak tree (Min. 4)
- Wheat (Min 64)
- Potato (Min. 8)
- Carrot (Min. 8)
- Melon (Min. 1 stalk)
- Nether Wart (Min. 8)
- Cactus (Min. 1)
- Iron Golem
WOOL (Min. 16 of each):
- Light Gray
- Light Blue
POTIONS (Min. 6 of each):
- Night Vision
- Fire Resistance
How do I get cobblestone? Where's the Lava?
Until you get to the Nether, there IS NONE. This is not Skyblock, no matter how similar it appears on the surface.
Anything you can do with cobblestone, you can do with wood, except maybe holding lava.
What about Iron?
Iron is a renewable resource, and getting it is one of your goals. If you do the challenges in order you'll get iron in no time.
What about Whithers? I bet you didn't think about those.
You're right, I could have accounted for Withers but I didn't.
Your map is dumb and you're dumb and how can you mine diamond without iron you dummy.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but you'll need iron to mine diamonds.
The Emergency Cache
OceanBlock 5.0 by Slytherite - Includes spawn fixes (both for players and monsters), the new Flower Forest biome, and the new tree types!