Hello. For starters, this may not be an issue caused by Minecraft, but it is an issue that has been only affecting Minecraft. You see, I run a Minecraft server with my friends, and I tend to have some significant issues when trying to play on it, particularly after 7PM. When I try to play, occasionally my game lags behind, but I've noted several really confusing things about this lag.
1. My friends on the server still move fluidly, rather than teleporting around the map, I can actually see them walking around normally and attacking.
2. While they do move around normally, they do so roughly 5 minutes after when they are actually there. For example, if my friend walks into my house, they will do so five minutes after they actually did so.
3. Any text input I send to the server gets sent immediately. My friends see words that I type in chat as soon as I type them in. That said, I still don't see them pop up until about 5 minutes after I send them.
4. My character rubber-bands in the same spot constantly, and can't interact with anything.
5. Minecraft is the only thing with poor internet. I can watch videos and chat with my friends on Discord just fine.
I feel like it's important to note that we are running a modpack. The modpack is the Crack Pack and the version is MC 1.7.10. Not that I believe this to be the cause, but I should at least make note of it. My sister, who plays on the same network, encounters lag issues at night as well, though she's not as active with my friends, so I can't say for certain that it's the same type of lag as I have.
Any thoughts and suggestions about if I can fix this. I'm fully prepared for the answer to be that I just need better internet, but I want to exhaust all my options first, since I can't really do anything about the internet. Also, sorry if I made a mistake around posting, haven't posted here much.