I started a Minecraft server with my friends a couple of days ago, but we can't seem to join it. At first it worked fine, but then my friends started timing out. This happened only once or twice and then they would be able to play again. This worsened to the point they would try ten times and just give up.
At some point we killed al the livestock we had and that seemed to help. But the day afterwards the problem only
worsened and expanded to me, the host. Even though we no longer had 100 cows waddling around.
Our Minecraft client gives us the: 'Timed Out' or 'Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host' error.
I've tried a bunch of things already so I know:
- It's not a problem with an antivirus
- My internet upload speed is 15 Mbps, so I doubt that would be the problem
- Me and my friends live only a couple kilometres/miles from eachother, so it's not their internet either or the distance between us
- I freshly installed java 64 bit, so it's the latest version
- I used the latest server from the minecraft.net website (1.15.2)
- I've allocated 8GB (of 32GB) of ram to the server, so that shouldn't be giving any problems either
- All other PC specs are sufficient as well
- The problem only occurs when joining via the ip-adress, not via localhost
- Using localhost rectifies the problems for me, but not for my friends