Hey, I have a problem I tried to fix for a few hours. I have portforwarded my vanilla 1.13 server, but only I can join the server. I tried to connect from a differend computer in my house and it worked with my local IP4 adress. When my friends tries to join from the public IP they can connect, but for some reason they'll disconnect after a few seconds. They say they're stuck at "Loading Terrain" and timed out. This happend to all my friends who tried to join the server. However they can ping the server. Do you guys know what the problem might be? I've searched the internet but I haven't found a fix at the moment thus creating this thread. Thanks in advance!
- Multiple Friends get stuck at "Loading terrain" and gets a timeout error.
Things I tried:
- Checked the ports from properties and Portforwarding(Both use 25565).
- Followed the portforward guide at portforward.com
- Tried to leave the server-ip from "server.properties" blank and filled it with ip4 adress. (Both work when I try to join, but same problem for friends.)
- Tried to use a static IP-adress.
- Updated everything related Java.
- Gave everything related to java an exception for firewall.
- Created TCP/UDP rules in advanced firewall.
- Tested the Port forward with Canyouseeme.org and resulted success.
- Tried to disable the anti-virus.
- Friends tried to reduce the "Render Distance" in the minecraft "Video Settings" option.
Possible personal problem:
- Slow internet?
- Slow uploadspeed?
Really tried most of the fixes I found on the internet. I'm sad now
Hey there, after thousands of years of trying to fix this. I've come up with a solution. The problem wasn't the portforwarding or firewalls. The problem was very simple and I feel so dumb for not thinking about this in the first place. I solved this issue by reducing the "view-distance" from 10 to 6 in the "server.properties". Because of my slow internet/upload speed, players loads for way too long and therefor get the time-out error. I believe by reducing the view-distance the player's loading time will reduce by well enough for them to not getting the timed-out error (Because of fewer chunks they load). and thus letting them join in.
I hope more people with similar problems get their problems fixed by doing this. I hereby am happy again
- Reduce "view-distance" from 10 to 6 in "server.properties".