OS: Windows 10 (This may be the issue entirely...)
Minecraft Version: 1.12
I've been able to easily run a vanilla minecraft server and play with friends for almost a month now.
Suddenly, Windows Updates...
Minecraft Stopped working entirely.
Later that day, I decided I wanted to actually play minecraft on my server!
Unfortunatly for me when I tried to actually join the server using my public IP address, well... this happened:
"io.netty.channel.AbstratctChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection time out: no further information:"
- I can join my server by typing "localhost" in the address bar.
- I had my server running minecraft 1.12 without a problem prior to this error.
- I've tried restarting my computer a multitude of times.
- Tried to update java. (was already up to date)
- Tried running the server as administrator. (encountered a weird bug where it can't find the minecraft_server.jar file)
- I triple checked to make sure nothing was blocking the port.
- Tried redoing my port forwarding. (nothing seems to be wrong there, and considering it worked in the past, tampering with it was just a desperate attempt at making it work again)
- Tried giving up...
- Tried a fresh installation of the game, and resetting up the server folder and batch file entirely.
Let me know if there's any other information you might need to help me figure this out, but from what I could find out I think I might be having network issues?
I've been trying to fix this for hours now... can't find much of anything on the internet about it; am I really the only one who has, or has had this issue?
Thank you, to anyone who's taking time to help me figure this out.
Thanks man! You and some other fellows on Reddit helped me figure out what I was missing. I didn't realize my IP Address does change. I had my old IPv4 Port Forwarded...
I actually just finished contacting shaw and making my IP static because of this little mishap, but thanks again for your help!
Same issue. I am a dad, just setup our first server (MCProHosting) and had 4 kids over today to play. Suddenly above error occurred, to all 4 laptops.
I am reasonably technical, but admit the above is over my head. Can one of you give me the dumbed down version? How do I log into my router to do port forwarding?
Why is this happening?