I have been running a whitelisted server for a while. Now that the 1.7.6 was auto downloaded (thanks a LOT guys grrrr...) I cant get my whitelist to work reliably.
I can get logged in to the server using one of my accounts, but everyone else gets the "you are not whitelisted" errors even though they have been from day one. All I did was start running the new JAR on my windows box and it did the upgrade of adding the JSON files.
So where is the documentation on how to properly setup whitelists using the new GUID format? Heck, for that matter how do you even find your account GUID?
The only thing I can say is remove Whitelist, that or you spelling there names incorrectly in the whitelist files, such as "Test123" is on your whitelist "test123" with no capital.
Tried that. caps make no difference. And removing whitelists is not a real fix.
And this whitelist has been there allowing players in untouched for months and months. After the upgrade and conversion to the new JSON format, it broke. In fact, I tried copying the whitelist files out, letting the server recreate them and turning off whitelists and I could get in. put the two files back and now the account that COULD get in no longer can. I actually made it worse.
I am having the same issue. Just upgraded my server from 1.7.5 to 1.7.7 and I cannot figure out why the new whitelist won't work. I noticed the file started with brackets, I tried putting the names in and out of brackets but nothing worked.
I had the same problem when I upgraded my server from 1.7.5 to 1.7.7. You can no longer just open the whitelist in notepad or something and add the names by pasting with a line break in between. (I'm guessing because of the added security, where if you ban a player it not only bans their name but their account and any names changes to come) The only way I found to re add players to my whitelist was one by one inside the console. try this command: /whitelist add (players name here). Try it with your own name first and see if you can get in. If that works then check the whitelist file again in notepad and you will see why it didn't work before. Good Luck!