So I have this server and I want to get it popular with a bunch of people but the only ones that come online at the moment are my friends. New person every now and then but not many. I don't think we have good plugins. Infact, at the moment I am using a plot plugin for protection because it only lets you build in YOUR plot. But I don't want to have to do that. I have a list below of some plugins I want, and the only reason I am posting them here is because some of them I don't know the name and others I need configuring.
Protection. I like the one where it has SafeZones, WarZones, and Wilderness.
Ranks. I never could get that working. Need help with it. I also need to know an easy plugin to do that with.
Fun. Easter eggs? Buried treasure? We want some of that.
Arenas! I know how to use MobArena. But I want Ultimate arena for PvP arenas and CTF. But I don't know how to use Ultimate Arena.
Automatic spleef. Need plugin and help setting it up.
That's all that I need. Thanks for your time, And I hope you can help me!
1. That sounds like Factions IIRC: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/factions/
2. Well, that's a part of whatever permissions plugin you use. Which do you use, if any?
3. *shrug* On my server I picked a random area close to spawn and made a 6x6x6 room with a few dblocks in the center and told people they gotta find it heh. Of course, some douche with xray cheated so that didn't last. Maybe look for some adventure maps and use MultiVerse (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core and http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals) to portal between regular map and adventure
4. No idea, I was never much into arena plugins. I built a few PVP areas on my map though. I just tried to think of things to make fighting fun. A big empty arena like in Gladiator IMO is kinda boring. I made one with a small open area and an area of lava with 1 block wide slab ledges, a glass cube house with tunnels cut it in, a small urban fighting area (little cobble structures, bridged roofs) and a small forest.
5. ControllerBlock is what I used for this, but last time I upgraded it failed to work. Haven't checked to see if it's been updated.