I've seen others have this problem. However my problem seems to be unsolvable from the last two hours I've been trying every different thing I could find.
Things I've tried doing:
- Running Minecraft as administrator
- Uninstalling then reinstalling Minecraft
- Deleting the .minecraft folder contents
- Uninstalling and reinstalling/updating Java (With and without the JavaRa application)
- Installing an older version of Java
- Changing how Java runs upon startup
Note that I did restart the computer upon each attempt at fixing Minecraft.
Is there anything I left out? Minecraft was literally working just fine the hour before I closed it, then tried running it. Is there any hope? I've been desperate to find an answer for this.
I'm having the same problem. I went to play last night for the first time in a while, and was told to use the new installer. I downloaded it, and nothing. It installed a MinecraftLaucher.exe to Program Files (x86)/Minecraft, and put a shortcut to it in my start menu. When I click on it, it DISAPPEARS. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft and Java, but now I cannot even launch the game to get an error log. I've tried using both the .exe and .msi file from here, but the same thing happens. If I click on the .exe file, it just vanishes as soon as I click.