The World of Casus is a 5e D&D based Minecraft Roleplay experience. We offer a private, mature community with strict community guidelines that keeps any toxicity, racism, or immaturity from entering our community. We offer a custom experience that brings our world to life. You can create your own custom character and play it as you wish.
We are currently looking for two Developer positions to be filled. If you would choose to join, then you would be working under a skilled Developer that has experience with multiple languages in coding. While working under our Developer you would be able to be trained in every aspect of server development.
Please know that this is a voluntary position. We hope that you would be willing to apply and become a part of our wonderful community.
Please review the requirements before applying.
Requirements for plugin Developer:
* Rudimentary understanding of Java
* A released plugin for Paper, Spigot and/or Bukkit AND/OR Some experience of working with servers and deploying plugin upgrades
* Clear communication skills
* Proactive attitude, need to be able to take up work from the backlog without prompt, and also identify important tasks
* Desire to learn and grow to meet long-term requirements
* Confidence to ask questions whenever stuck
Nice to haves:
* Understanding of writing thread-safe/concurrent code
* Understanding of optimistic & pessimistic locking and the use cases for each
* Some understanding of or a desire to learn Kotlin (though not required, most server-specific code is in Java, Kotlin allows deeper understanding of the RPKit codebase and allows contributing patches upstream)
* Some basic understanding of SQL (or the desire to learn)
* Some understanding of D&D (or the desire to learn)
* Experience working in a team
* Experience debugging
* Experience identifying & remedying performance bottlenecks
* Knowledge of RESTful principles and API design(edited)
For web dev:
* Experience building websites in ReactJS
Nice to have:
* Experience of D&D
* Experience using Redux
* Experience designing responsive, user-friendly UIs
* Experience deploying NodeJS and/or ReactJS websites
Experience with react-bootstrap