UPDATE 7/16/2017: Please note that the Gulliver aspect of the Big Sister Server has officially been retired, and the server is now running vanilla Minecraft 1.12. It is also being managed on a new thread with a new whitelist found here:
This thread is now obsolete and will no longer be used to write whitelist applications for the Big Sister server. Thank you all for your patronage these past four years on the Big Sister Gulliver Minecraft Server, and I hope you will continue on the new vanilla server for many more years to come!
UPDATE 5/27/2017: Please note that discussions are currently underway to retire the Gulliver aspect of the Big Sister Server earlier than anticipated, and to replace this with a cutting-edge Vanilla server. This means that whitelist applications for the Gulliver server will be discontinued soon and a new whitelist server will be created to accommodate the Vanilla server.
Stay tuned for more information in the coming month!
Hello, and thank you for your interest in the Big Sister Gulliver Minecraft server!
We now have a server trailer for your viewing pleasure....
Our Big Sister Minecraft Gulliver Server began as an alternate mirror server (or "sister" server) for Gunia's Gulliver server(otherwise known as the "main" server), circa October 2013. It has since branched off into its own micro-community, and currently boasts the latest Gulliver for Minecraftv1.6.4. As of mid-January, the server is running Gulliver Forged with the intent of incorporating Forge Essentials in the near-future.Our community is actually compromised of two servers:
The stable, builder-centric Big Sister server, which permanently runs Gulliver-Forged, accommodates up to 40 people, and can be accessed with the IP: bigsister.mcserver.ws
And our experimental cutting-edge Little Brother server, which changes mod flavors every month, accommodates 10 people, and can be accessed at: littlebrother.mcserver.ws
Otherwise, you can also apply for the whitelist here on this thread using the application below.Before you continue, please take a minute to view the official Big Sister Server Quick Guide for an overview of the server and the installation setup. If after reading the guide you still wish to continue, please reply to this thread with your completed copy of the application below....
1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")? Please don't forget this as we won't know how to whitelist you on the server.
For security reasons, we cannot assume your forum username is equal to your Minecraft one.
2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server. We are looking for a detailed and honest explanation, ideally between 60 to 90 words. Focus on your reasons for joining our server specifically over other server options (such as whether you like our documentation, our server videos, or our Dynmap), but you can also include such things as how you heard about this server, how you were acquainted with UncleMion's Gulliver Mod, or if you have had any experience in prior Gulliver servers.
3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server. You are free to be a little broad here since you have likely never been to our server and don't know how we're like. But your goal here is to demonstrate, ideally between 60 to 90 words, how you expect to do your part to help keep our server a happy, peaceful and productive place. Things like maturity, building cred, and an independent spirit are valuable to us, but you're more than welcomed to be creative here.
4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players. It can be very easy to rinse and repeat the same answers from the previous two questions, so here is your chance to truly differentiate yourself from other players. List five amazing facts about yourself that make you special or that may be of interest to someone in our community. Be sure to write detailed responses in full sentences, and bulleted-out to make it easier for us to read.
Here is my own list of random facts to illustrate how you should list these:
• I bake breads in real life, but from non-standard ingredients like flax, sorghum, coconut, banana and almond flour. • I own a pony and llama farm, and engage in the side business of selling the magic of friendship and cheap-imitation alpaca coats. • I have a full-time job that more than pays for the server (hence why no donations are needed). • I own two fantastic Chromebooks, both running Ubuntu Linux in a ChromeOS chroot environment and XFCE4. • I enjoying eating almost all my food with mint chutney and ghee, although I don't eat wheat in any way, shape or form.
Of course these are just examples, and unless you really really like mint chutney or have unusual "pets", it would look really strange to see these same samples in your own list of facts. So be clever and creative! Now is your time to shine!
5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most. Feel free to copy and paste it here, or paraphrase it from memory. The most important thing to demonstrate is that you opened the document and read enough of it to pick one of the rights or responsibilities listed. What you picked may be used to assess your personality, so choose wisely and feel free to explain your choice if you want.
6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide please write down the name of the official server currency.
Again, we just need to make sure you opened the guide and can find the answer to this very simple question.
Hopefully the information you need has been provided to you in the most clear and detailed way possible, but if you have any questions or are unsure about something, feel free to ask us first before submitting your application.Thank you and good luck!.
2. I would like to join this sever because I think it would be fun! I haven't been on a Gulliver sever before so I wanted to pick a really good sever to start with and this one seem's like it would be nice!
3. I think my talents could help the sever because i'm nice and could help someone out if they had a question or something along those lines.
4. *I like giants *I like cheese *I think it would be fun to get captured by a giant *I would like to be one of the tinies *I have never been banned from a sever before
5. Favorite Rigth: If Tiny, you have the right to carve a home within Spawnington, its sewers, or its various hovels, so long as the outward appearances of the aforementioned builds are not altered
6. The money is Cheese
Ok zWolffangz, your application so far checks out, but I have one concern. Do you think you will get bored of the server easily and leave? Or do you think you can me counted on to come on to the server often.
P.s congrats on being the first
Oh fine, I guess I'll take a break from classes on economics and magic and process this whitelist app, too
Also, that five point bonus? Negated by my personal hatred for tinies.
I personally wish you did the formatting differently, and there are a few grammatical/spelling errors that I personally wish you'd rectify, but overall your information is solid, and you've filled out all the areas appropriately. Just... don't take the macrophilia too far, since some people may or may not be sensitive to that sort of behavior, but besides that, I think you qualify for a whitelist.
Welcome to the server, Wolffang ^^ (Oh, and consider yourself whitelisted on Gunia's Gulliver server )
-BurgerWarrior, Whitelisting Moderator Extraordinaire
EDIT: Break, he signed up for Gunia's server, too, so I think he'll stick around
Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
I enjoy, more than anything, a close-knit community of builders playing a game together. The last server I joined that was like that was taken down recently, leaving me to look for a new server to join, and I would really like to try this one out.
Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
Well, in terms of what I'll productively bring to the server, I love building things, especially video game-related structures, on request. The last thing I was working on was unfortunately lost as the server shut down, but I hope to actually be able to finish something on this server. Otherwise, my personality is easygoing and sarcastic. I'm pretty intellectual, so I enjoy throwing in detailed opinions in conversations, and I love to joke around. I don't really get offended by anything, and I don't really intend to offend anyone, either.
Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
- I love to draw. Other than gaming, drawing takes up a majority of my spare time. I've been drawing for about a year, and have been improving greatly since then.
- I roleplay as often as I can. I don't tend to find many places I can do this anymore, but I try. Writing is another one of my favourite things to do.
- On top of drawing and writing, I am designing a game alongside a couple friends. Maybe one day, we'll even start our own small independent game company. Wishful thinking, but a dream of mine! Does my love for creative expression know no bounds? I think not.
- I have a strong wanderlust, and now that I'm 18, I've been going all over the country. I currently reside in Minnesota, but in March I am going to New York, and then back home to Virginia.
- I love intellectual stuff. Learning and sharing thoughts on matters is another one of my favourite passtimes, especially on forums and such. I probably wouldn't do that in a game, though.
To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
Feel free to copy and paste it here, or paraphrase it from memory. The most important thing to demonstrate is that you opened the document and read enough of it to pick one of the rights or responsibilities listed. What you picked may be used to assess your personality, so choose wisely and feel free to explain your choice if you want.
"Please refrain from asking players and Staff for frequent favours and gifts – self-sufficiency and independence are virtues." I love this responsibility because it can be used in real life, too. Or at least, the independence part. It's an important life lesson.
And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide please write down the name of the official server currency.
Oh yay!!! Princess Luna is applying for our server!
Sadly, all my mods [who volunteer for app review duty] are all asleep and I'm only operating on 5% of a brain, so we'll process this tomorrow. But already it looks like something I will look forward to reading. :3
Why Would like to join the server: I would like to join the server because, I have not been on a Gulliver server in a couple months and would like to have fun and play with others on the server.
(also this is the only server I could find, and it looks really nice!). As for having any experience on any prior Gulliver servers, I have played on four others: Smevil's server(which is gone now), The "Under Gulliver's Toe" Server owned by Dravic(also gone now), another server I can't remember the name of(which might be gone now), And Gunia's server a long time ago(which isn't gone but I'm not white listed anymore because of a restart).
Please explain how your Talents, Skills, Experience, ect... Will contribute to our server: I usually wouldn't try to answer how I will contribute because I don't usually plan ahead but as it is required to be whitelisted I'll try to think of something to write ; )
On the other Gulliver servers I've gotten on I tended to be fairly flexible and never really had a home base, I spent most of my time with other players doing random things. On shmevils server I made lots of different Foodstuffs and gave them away, I've tried to build a couple buildings but I spend most of my time admiring other's builds.I've previously try to make freinds with everyone on the server, and I'll probably try again. um... I've got nothing else to write so.... I hope that large unreadable paragraph above is good enough for a whitelist.
Five Random Facts that will help differentiate you from others: 5 Random Facts About Me
1. I really do like cheese (totally random... seriously...)
2. I don't cuss a lot (not sure if this belongs here but it really is true)
3. I Like reptiles (you asked for random and I have given You.... RANDOM)
4. I tend to chat... alot... (not to the point of Spamming, but a bit more than most players)
5. I am very much undecided when it comes to my favorite size in the mod.(If given a choice I would chose 0.5 though)
To ensure that you understand your rights and responsibilitys on our server ,please read the Novice's Creed, and right down one right or responsibility you like most: 17. As a tiny please refrain from frequent aand uncomforatable stalking activities, Unless consented to by the larger player
And finnaly to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server guide please write down the name of the official server currency: Cheese
I hope that this is accepted and I can come join the server, and hope that my username doesn't sound weird or creepy in any way (though I admit that I could have thought of a better one)
Anywho, I don't remember you commiting any serious offenses on either Gunia's or Dravic's servers, so you're clear on that at least. You've filled out all the areas of the app, which is good. It'd be nice if you didn't embolden all your random facts, since that gets my OCD going, but that isn't anything more than a minor nitpick. Your grammar and spelling are at least average, which is good. And you haven't brought up any seriously concerning personal facts, so no specific warnings of any kind for you (whether that's a good thing or a bad thing I can't really tell, warnings are always nice )
So, overall, I believe you qualify for a whitelist my man. Welcome to Cia's domain
-BurgerWarrior, Whitelisting Moderator Extraordinaire
Hello again Random, and hello DDD [my GAWD, dat name]. XD
Thank you both for writing such deliciously long and detailed applications, they are a joy to read when done as well as you two have done! If I catch you on my server, remind me to offer some free cheese for the pleasure. <3
And this might be a little bit confusing but, I never played on Gunia's server that was my little brother using my account because he didn't have one.
He does have an account now and might apply for the whitelist his IGN is TNTEXA .
I would have explained this on the server but I don't know when the next time I'll get on is (I have school to do)
2. I wanted to come back to Gulliver after my spaceship was knocked off course ( I took a break for a few months) and blocked the Forge Rays ( I also couldn't get Forge to work) from reaching me.
3. As seen on Dravic's and Gunia's servers, my awful "amazing" pixel art of really obscure things and friendship abilities ( are those a thing?) were probably the most noticeable things I did. Also the Great Pink Pants War of 2013 and Christmas Golem Party were both hosted by me so... if you like snow golems.... I've got that going for me.
4. Alright, the moment to shine.... uh...
I am fantastic at dieing
I prefer to be tiny
i like cheese
I'd say slimes are pretty amazing
If I could be anywhere, it'd be in space... as long as breathing and being warm weren't things I had to do.
5. "With good behavior, you have the right to onetime introductory bread and cheese."
I do enjoy bread. Especially the free kind.
6. The real food. The best food. Cheese.
Wow, my answers are really short. Though I hope it's fine and I can see keeg and mist again on the server.
1. MOO24689 (it is case sensitive)
2. I don't like vanilla too much and I would like to expand on what modded servers I go on which are typically Pixelmon ( which I will remove before coming on your server) you are one of the only people in the minecraft community to have a gulliver modded server. And I have not ever used this mod before so I want to experiment with it. I also will not leave easily as I can get attached to this kind of thing
3. I make good humour that is not (too) immature I am also a moderate builder. I can build good looking things that are not massive because I do not have a long attention span. I also occasionally make derpy moves which make people typically lol.
4. I like cheese, I use a good MacBook Pro that runs typically well with mods installed (for example I can run Pixelmon with my render distance at far), I love cows, hate yogurt and AntVenom because I love cows but yogurt is just not for me, and I have those dumb moments that you just don't even know why you did that.
5. "Please refrain from asking players and Staff for frequent favours and gifts – self-sufficiency and independence are virtues." I love this one because I use it in real life and I find it to be very true both in game and in real life. My policy is never loan and never borrow.
6. money= cheese (The MOO <3)