(This update went into effect a couple of days ago, but has stayed silent because I wanted to see how the plugin was affecting server performance)
- BYOG kit now actually saves your inventory (so no more durability loss in a duel).
- There were issues with how death in a duel was handled, this seems to be resolved but I'll keep an eye on it.
- Duels was running some fairly inefficient code (tourney code) which was completely rewritten and greatly improves the performance of the plugin and in turn server.
Atlas Combat Update: Phase 1
- Armors now have a "weight" based off of the material of the armor applied in the following percentages:
- Leather: 7% slower
- Gold: 11% slower
- Iron: 15% slower
- Diamond: 20% slower
Effectively 1 armor point equals 1% slowdown based on the vanilla armors
- Overall damage nerf
- All types of damage (physical, magical, and projectile) now do 33% less damage
- Potions Nerf
- When buff potions are applied, they have an automatic debuff potion applied as well
There will be 2 phases to the Atlas Combat Overhaul, this update aims to slow down the meta and will give me the opportunity to gather data. Utilizing this data I will be better prepared for Phase 2 or the Smeltery / Tannery rework.
Atlas Combat Fixes
- Buff potion arrows now actually apply the negative effect as well as the positive effect now.
I saw this talked about in the chat logs so I'll address this here: Throwing a buff potion onto your enemy will NOT apply the negative effect to them, they will only receive the positive effect. For example, throwing a strength pot onto an enemy player hoping that they will receive the hunger as well will not work. The enemy player will only get the strength potion effect.
Atlas Combat Potion Bug
- An exploit has been found to circumvent the negative debuffs of potions. If you are aware of this exploit and are caught using it you will face purgatory. Not sure if what you found is an exploit with potions? Ask now so you don't have to worry about it later.
The server is back after a long dev period, however, that means that some things have changed or have been updated. Cooking, agriculture, and many other features and improvements have been completed, but we also had to limit the population cap to 40 until we can improve the TPS. This will also possibly be the last time we'll be using this thread; we've been wanting to move it to our official MC Atlas forums account for a while -- with a new graphics design in the works!
Anyway, have a great day everyone, and enjoy Atlas!
Brace yourselves, State of the Server is coming up!
We will be having our first full release State of the Server Address next Saturday on May 4th 7pm CDT! We know it hasn't been a full two months since our last one, but it sure has felt like it. Plus, we want to celebrate the winners of our first season on the leaderboards for the end of April.
For our newest players State of the Server is a gathering of our staff, developers, and community to come and talk about Atlas, where we've been, what we are doing now, and where we are headed in the future. You can learn about our history, the big events coming up, and some awesome new mechanics and features we have coming down the road. We'll also spend time answering any and all question you have about any part of Atlas. It's a great time to come and hangout and enjoy the community around the server. It all happens here in discord in the State of the Server text and voice channels.
And yes, since the first time in almost a year, it's time for Promotions! We will be recognizing all those players who have been a part of our community for some time and those that have stood out as leaders of the community. And for those veteran members and players who wish to apply for staff, we are looking to increase the size of our staff team to help keep atlas fun and classy for our growing player base. So make sure to submit your applications ASAP to give us time to decide.
Thank you to everyone for being a part of our community whether you just got here or have been rooting for us since the beginning, we love having such a great community and fun server we can all share. I hope to see you all next weekend.
As we mentioned to many of you at State of the Server last weekend we have another event coming up very soon! Next weekend on Saturday the 18th at 12pm CDT (Noon CDT, 1pm EDT, 10am PDT) we will be having the First Official Naurulian 2v2 Duel Tournament of the Full Release! The format will be the same as our last two beta tournaments with some additional special battles throw in to allow everyone there to keep competing even after being eliminated. We'll be handing out prizes to winners of all battles and even prizes just for showing up to compete! We recommend leaving all items at home if you plan to compete in the tournament or the special rounds.
- All teams must sign up for the tournament on the discord tournament channel.
- You must have 2 players signed up to compete
- You can sign up 1 additional player as a substitute that can switch in between matches
- You must also submit a team name (Lore Friendly)
- Follow sign up format or your submission will be deleted. (Signup format will be pinned in the tournament discord channel)
Official Tournament Rules:
- 2v2 Tournament with one possible substitute.
- All kits will be made up of iron armor and weapons, regular bows and arrows, and food. All kits provided in Nauru.
- Best 2/3 rounds, single elimination.
- All donator effect particles must be disabled for the match.
- Tp to Nauru for anyone can be arranged by messaging an Elder before the event starts.
- Raiding is not allowed during the event.
- You have 60 seconds to be online and ready for your match.
- Logging out during a round counts as being killed. (Your partner will have to win by themselves to win the round).
- Check here often for further rules or clarifications.
Duels and Dungeons
- Fixed some bugs in dungeons that caused players to be unable to complete the dungeon.
- Mythic mobs now work a bit better.
- Duels will be live and running on the server after the restart at 7pm CDT tomorrow.
Kairos Dungeon Update
- The poisonous water will no longer throw tridents.
- The levers in the main room will now notify players when they open a wall.
- Poisonous water should properly poison players again. Proximity to the fumes will now poison players, even on land.
- Mobs will no longer turn into Drowned.
- The Blood of Kairos is now immune to arrows.
- The boss death trigger should no longer deregister when players leave the area, which should prevent the bug of the final door not opening when the boss is defeated.
Join us for our upcoming RP event, the Founding of the Naurulian Embassy, on Friday, June 14 @ 6pm CDT (23:00 UTC)! We’ll be unveiling the new Nation Embassy mechanic, as well as a new type of Citizen for player towns!
- /find no longer shows alts except to Staff. (This change was necessary for Privacy Concerns)
- The death inventory reclaim system has been fixed and can now be activated by sentinels
- The /stuck command works in more areas now.
- Purgatory now has a variety of anti-afk features.
- Fixed nations older than 7 days keeping protection.
- The server should finally be restarting at midnight CDT once again. (This means a second restart later at midnight)
- The decay time for Custom Crops has been made 10x longer
- The Crop limit for custom crops has been doubled to 256 Crops.
- Fixed some trees not growing in the proper biomes
- Fixed some crops growing on the wrong materials
- Fish prices have been increased.
- All fish sell for at least 1 gem.
Haha, it does look similar to the Tamriel map (we actually did notice that while going through the different stages of development), but we can reassure that it's more of a coincidence. Good eye though, our lore writers also love to add references to different forms of media in their quests so keep an eye on those too!
Wither Skull Bug
- We are aware of a bug that allows players to get wither skulls, create withers and create beacons. This isn't supposed to be possible. If you have used this bug to get wither skulls nether stars or beacons, destroy them please and do not continue to abuse the bug.
- We are also aware of players trying to sell player heads gained through using a patron perk. Atlas is a non-P2W server so abusing perks to get in-game currency is not allowed. Because some have decided to abuse this, we are having to lock down the use of heads to prevent this as well. Since for some reason I have to clarify this if you abuse this despite this message you will be punished.
Rules & RP Update
- The Official Rules list has been updated. Please review our newest server guidelines at https://forums.mc-atlas.com/showthread.php?tid=207&pid=1466#pid1466.
- We have added a [Roleplay] chat channel in-game! Staff will moderate this channel in accordance with the new rules outlined above - so make sure you’re aware of the new guidelines! Keep non-RP chat out of this channel, and vice-versa.
Powder Keg Update
- You can no longer use a Powder Keg in NPC towns.
- Damage from Powder Kegs has been reduced significantly.
Smeltery Updates and Fixes
- Smeltery tools can now be crafted.
- Smeltery shields can now be crafted with iron-based alloys.
- Shields now take durability damage when being attacked.
- Fixed a bug where damage addition values weren't visible.
- Rebalanced Skeletal. Existing Skeletal Armor won't be nerfed, however.
- Added five new alloys.
- A new attribute has been added.
- Also added three new treated hides.
- Nerfed Wraithhide... it somehow had extra armor...
- Added an NPC to the Embassy that sells Books & Quills and explains how to set Nation Descriptions. The Scribe can be found on the bottom floor of the Grand Atrium.
- Added a server tip that explains how to set Nation Descriptions.
- Founding a Nation will now grant the founder 1 free Book & Quill (will take effect after next server restart).