Wow, looking over the recent introductions, I feel mine was not long enough :unsure.gif:
Let me add in just a whole lot more **** about myself. I'm 14, soon 15. I live in Israel, but I was born in South Africa. My family is actually Scottish and German. I used to be a hardcore gamer, mainly PC with some 360 on the side for exclusives like Halo. I rarely game anymore, however.
I'm not anti-social, I just find people boring and will avoid contact with most people that aren't close to me. I never go to parties unless a girlfriend or my family want me to go. I'd call all of that solitary, rather than anti-social, which most of my friends have agreed makes sense.
In terms of sports, I used to be very active, but now because of a temporary knee injury (some of you that are going through extremely fast growth spurts know it as Osgood Schlatter, or Jumper's Knee) I rarely do sports anymore. I'm very big into squash, and my teacher has become more of a friend now that I'm at his level. I've also discovered I'm pretty good at batting, and I'm considering taking up baseball after my injury has passed.
As for instruments and music, I play the trumpet at an adult level, but I recently quit when my teacher moved overseas and I realized I don't need a credit from band to graduate high school. I like rock, jazz, and rap (flame on), with the occasional classic on the side.
I do have a job. I'd classify it as freelancing high tech employee. I do everything from project management, to technical writing, to QA tesing (what you gamers know more commonly as alpha and beta testing, but closed and for hardware and software, not games). I've worked for multiple companies on many contracts, ranging from Mircosoft to a secret military arms provider (NDA, sorry).
As for some of my philosophies. I'm extremely cynical. My reasoning is that if you expect the worse, anything less than the worse is good news. Expected to fail a test but got a 70? Alright, not bad. Thought your company was going bankrupt, but turned out a success? Even better than expecting the best.
And finally, some random facts:
- I have long hair, unusual for boys my age.
- I never drink water, only tea and cola.
- I'm very picky in what I eat. A long childhood illness caused my brain to "lock down", which means most of what I used to eat, tastes horrible to me now.
- I type at about 105 WPM (as a comparsion, average professional typists type at 65-70 WPM. WPM being words per minute)
- I prefer British English over American English. I go to a private American school, however, so I've formed my own cross-over between those two, and South African English.
- I'm a supporter of privatizing everything except the military and police.
- I dislike most Americans, even though my two best friends are half American.
- I hate nearly every politician.
- I like bragging, if you haven't noticed that yet.
And finally, yes, I'm bloody insane. Hope you all can deal with :smile.gif:
Also, welcome all newcomers to the Minecraft Forums!
Hello, I'm Shandon Palmer, I am 14. I took a nac into minecraft after being done with the games Roblox and Blockland.Ever since then, I got addicted.
My Main intrest is gaming. All platforms, and mainly use Skype for all my gaming.
I do check the forums. ALL. THE. TIEM And I'm crazy.
Hey, my name is Chance... Weird name I know... anyway I figured I would introduce myself seeing as me and my friend are working on a Faction based PvP server... Right now I just need a new computer... and then another lumpsum of cash to get the server hosted.... It's gonna be great.... I'm rambling blah... I hope to get to know EVERYONE...(Except griefers; You suck)