TerraCraft is a massive 2D sandbox FANGAME combines Minecraft and Terraria, developed using C++ language and a self-made game engine. I've been working on TerraCraft project since at least September 2018, and it takes me about two years to finish the first TerraCraft version. The content of TerraCraft is based on Minecraft and its well-known mod packages. For the official content of Minecraft, please refer to Mojang Studios and relevant mod authors’ descriptions. If you like this fangame, just show your support to the best Minecraft and Terraria!
TerraCraft is the first 2D sandbox platform game which allow you to play on an INFINITE world in one map. TerraCraft uses a dynamic chunk technology similar to Minecraft, so every world you create is infinite. TerraCraft’s unique portal system can save all your locations for teleportation, allowing you to explore more secrets of the unlimited world!
The current version of TerraCraft implements infinite map width, and also implements the surface layer, the underground layer, and the nether layer. In future updates, more layers will be added to create a world of infinite height and infinite depth and make TerraCraft truly become an infinite world!
TerraCraft supports multiplayer mode, you can run the TerraCraftServer and play this game with your friends!
This is a video of TerraCraft Pre-Alpha 1.0.2
The latest version is Pre-Alpha 220.127.116.11
Download full game package here:
Fixed the biggest vicious bug on the server: the crash of "map.cpp" and "chunkcontainer.cpp".
Pre-Alpha 1.0.2 (August 23, 2020)
The topic of this update is SERVER UPDATE
Game mechanism update:
1. Corruption no longer spawns phantom wings during the day, and reduces the chance of skeleton gunner spawning.
2. The bloody skeleton no longer ignites spontaneously in the sun.
3. Now the newly created player and world names can only consist of letters, numbers, underscores, and spaces.
4. Now the newly created world no longer allows players who do not meet the appeal naming convention to enter. (Old world are still allowed)
5. In the old server world, you can enter format and noformat to restrict whether players who do not meet the appeal naming convention are allowed to enter.
6. Now the server will ignore the use of illegal character naming conventions to save the data of players.
7. Added heartbeat detection, the server will forcefully remove players who are disconnected for 20 seconds.
8. Added the Account Management System(AMS). Players need to register or login before joining the server. Enter uselogin and stoplogin to turn on or off the system.
9. The hardness of nether bricks and red nether bricks has been reduced from 200 to 100.
10. Now the ghast's fireball can only destroy blocks with a hardness of 100 and below, and blocks such as cobblestone will not be destroyed.
11. Now the sound of eating will use Minecraft's eating sound effect.
12. Discord link button has been added to the title.
13. The option of customizing the number of threads for transferring chunks has been added to the configure server on the server homepage. Please select the appropriate number of threads according to the server performance.
14. Revised Steve's skin tone.
1. Fixed possible server crashes caused by one-click sorting of items using abnormal means.
2. Fixed possible server crash due to an empty array of strings.
3. Fixed possible server crashes caused by forced execution of UI operations under high latency.
4. Now if you forcefully place furniture, it will forcefully clear all the covered furnitures and tiles, instead of crashing the server.
5. Fixed the bug of door moving caused by mouse clicks under high latency.
6. Fixed the bug that the door moving caused the server to crash.
7. Fixed the bug of packet errors in most cases.
8. Fixed the bug that the log file was not recorded in time.
9. Fixed the bug that pressing SHIFT on the anvil result slot would cause the item to disappear.
10. Fortune and Silk Touch enchantments no longer appear in the same tool.
11. Fixed the bug where the enchanting table level was incorrect. At least 4 bookshelves are now required to reach level 30 enchantment.
12. Enchanting guns and electricity tools is no longer allowed.
13. Fixed the bug where the respawn point would spawn the mobs at the dead location after death.
14. Fixed the bug where ice cubes generated by Frost Walker would cause covered furniture to disappear.
15. Fixed the bug that some projectiles such as the Blaze Fireball would become invisible when cross from the platform.
16. Fixed some text translation errors.
Pre-Alpha 18.104.22.168 (August 5, 2020)
Hot BUG fix:
Fixed the bug that player equipment is completely damaged after entering the /kill command
Pre-Alpha 1.0.1 (August 5, 2020)
Game mechanism update:
1. the cutting time of grass axe reduced from an average of 15 seconds to an average of 9 seconds.
2. Hunger speed increased to 4 times.
3. Now the crafting table, enchanting table, and anvil items will be automatically put into the backpack after the interface is closed, and will be thrown out as drops only when the backpack is full.
4. The monster spawning cycle of the forest boime has been increased from 8.33 seconds to 10.66 seconds.
5. All small flowers and small grasses can no longer be destroyed with weapons.
6. The inertia coefficient of the player is reduced, and the free deceleration is increased to 1.5 times the original.
7. Removed the sx and sy parameters in the debug interface.
8. The density of diamond mines has been increased from 100 veins per chunk to 130 veins, and the vertical generation area has been changed from (2000, 2560) to (1800, 2560).
9. The frequency of ghast firing has been reduced from 2 seconds per shot to 4 seconds per shot.
10. Now there is a 100% chance that the furnace will drop its contents if it is destroyed by an explosion or player mining.
11. Added more JOJO stalks.
12. Now the server can turn on or off the damage between players by typing pvp and nopvp commands, the default is on.
13. Now the server can turn off or turn on the explosion protection mode by typing blow and noblow commands. The default is off.
14. It is no longer allowed to put non-equipment items in the equipment slot and appearance slot.
15. The damage of the grenade has been increased from 3 to 5.
16. Intelligent mining mode is no longer effective for torches.
17. Shulker’s attack interval has been reduced from 1 round per 1 second to 1 round per 2 seconds.
18. Added a backpack trash can, press the Z button to quickly put items in the trash can for destruction.
19. Added log system.
20. A large number of assertions have been added to the server. The server owner should send a screenshot of the assertion information to the developer skyblueyoshi after the server crashes and submit the latest log report.
21. A backup mechanism is added to the saver. If the saver is damaged, the last successfully opened backup will be read.
22. Now 16 wooden arrows can be crafted using 1 iron ingot.
23. Added pigling skin.
24. Added the first male skin: Steve.
25. Fixed the problem that the player's arm has incorrect textures.
26. The server has added players command to view the list of all online players, as well as IP and port numbers.
27. A kick command has been added to the server to kick the designated player.
28. The kickall command was added to the server to kick all players.
29. The banip command was added to the server, which can kick out the players with the specified ip and no longer allow login to the server.
30. The nobanip command was added to the server, which can restore the access rights of the specified ip from the blacklist.
31. The blacklist command was added to the server to view all current banned IPs.
32. The growth time of the saplings has doubled.
33. The client has added the /kill command, which can be used to quickly return to the respawn point by suicide.
34. Added prompts for how to play and the tip of how to use the trash can.
1. Fixed the problem that the blood arrow cannot continue to attack after being poisoned.
2. Corrected part of the wrong translation text.
3. Now drowned and phantoms will not be ignited during the day.
4. Enemies are no longer ignited in the water.
5. The crafting recipe of bronze ingots changed to 3 copper ingots and 1 tin ingot for crafting.
6. Part of the stability of the server has been enhanced, and some possible crashes of the server have been fixed. (Causes of collapse: 1. Putting non-durable items in the equipment slot, and an error occurred when the durability was lost. 2. Switching items in a high-latency state when using tools. 3. Other reasons caused the acquisition of tool attributes for ordinary items.)
7. Fixed the bug where possible mining damage caused the block entity content to disappear.
8. Fixed the bug that some items would be lost when digging and destroying boxes.
9. Bad world saves are now ignored, instead of crashing the game.
10. Fixed the bug that the death interface appeared in the menu interface.
11. Fixed the bug where right-clicking on the crafting result slot would cause half of the item to be lost.
12. Fixed the bug of spawning monsters on the screen in multiplayer mode.
13. Fixed the bug that some possible savers could not be read. (Regenerate version.dat file)
14. Fixed the bug that the door was destroyed without falling item when it was opened.
15. Platforms can no longer be placed as walls.
16. Fixed the bug that running water could not destroy torches.
17. Now when exiting the game, the items in the mouse and the items in the crafting slot will be automatically put into the backpack.
18. Fixed some possible bugs with making more items.
19. Fixed the bug where exiting and reentering midway through death would not return to the respawn point.
20. Fixed the bug that invincible when exiting and reentering halfway through death.
21. The mob spawning system will no longer be effective for players during death.
Pre-Alpha 1.0.0 (August 1, 2020)
Released the first public version
Q: What is TerraCraft? Why develop TerraCraft?
A: TerraCraft is just a non-commercial fan game of Terraria and Minecraft. I developed this game to practice algorithms, software engineering practices and C++ game engine practices. Therefore, this project is only used for learning and communication, and will not be released on commercial markets such as steam.
Q: Why does the server report an error?
A: In order to quickly expose potential problems, developers have added a large number of assertions (ASSERT), so an assertion error will occur before the preparation fails. If you are a server owner, please be sure to send a complete screenshot of the assertion error report to the bug-report channel of discord to help me solve server-side problems in the future.
Q: Why I can't play the game?
A: According to the feedback collected from many players so far, you should check follows:
1. The compressed package must be decompressed and cannot be run in the compressed package.
2. If you just want to play the singleplayer game, you should run the TerraCraft.exe instead of TerraCraftServer.exe.
3. Make sure that the system's "My Documents" path is valid, and the game can correctly create a "TerraCraft" folder in the "My Documents" path.
4. Make sure that DX9 is installed on the computer.
5. Make sure that VC++2015 is installed on the computer.
Q: How can I do when the game reports that d3dx9_43.dll cannot be found?
A: Download this dll and put it in the main directory of the game, or use the DX repair tool to repair it.
Q: How to control?
A: After entering the game, click the question mark on the right to view all operations in the first advancement.
Q: How to place or dig the wall?
A: Press the SHIFT key and the left mouse button to dig or place the tile as a wall. See in the previous question.
Q: How to use the trash can?
A: Hold down the Z key and click on the item to be destroyed to send the item to the trash can. The trash can has a recycling mechanism and can only recycle the most recently destroyed items. Please use it with caution.
Q: How to search the recipes?
A: The first method: Click the middle button on the right, or press the R key to open the recipe search interface, and search for the desired recipe in the items on the right.
The second method: Click the "?" button near the 2×2 crafting slots on the backpack interface, and click the item you want to query.
Generally speaking, the left-click on an item is to search all the recipes that get the item, and the right-click on the item is to search all the recipes that use the item as the input source. The design of the recipe system comes from the NEI mod of Minecraft.
Q: Is there an official server?
A: No, because it is a fan game and I am still a student, I don't have the ability to buy server. Please solve the related financial problems of the server by yourself.
Q: How to host the service?
A: The method of opening the TerraCraft server is similar to Terraria. You can ask relevant person who have experience in hosting the Terraria server, or search for how to host the server of Terraria in this forum.
Q: What operating systems does the game support?
A: Windows XP and above, but some older XP systems may not be supported due to the loss of components.
Q: What is the best resolution of the game?
A: It is recommended to use 1920×1080 as the full screen resolution (the maximum resolution of a general home laptop). Due to my lack of programming experience, the game currently does not support 4k screens.