I'm not sure where this game originated, but I've seen it on a few sites. Not this one yet, though. Below are the basic rules.
1. There will be several different rounds. I guess they could be done on different threads, but it's not really necessary. Whatever the current round is will have a theme, e.g. Heroes from Space. All of the characters listed within that will be main protagonists of books/movies/TV shows set in Space. The theme could also be a specific franchise, although that is less inclusive. If you have a suggestion for a theme, say so at the bottom of one of your posts.
2. There will be 20 or so characters in each round. Characters can only be reused if they are not currently one of the winning characters (If they won but have since been eliminated in a 15, 10 or 5 round then they can be reused). All rounds will be listed below. If you have a suggestion for a character, say so at the bottom of one of your posts.
3. Each character starts with 10 points. In your post, you will copy the list of characters from the post above and you will move 1 point from one character to another character. Once a character reaches 0, it is eliminated, until there are only two characters remaining, at which point the character with the higher points wins. You can only post if there is at least one post between your post and your last post.
4. After 15 (Assuming this survives that long) rounds, all of the characters who won previous rounds will be part of a round. After 10 of these rounds, those winners will be part of a round, and after 5 of those rounds, there will be a round with 5 winners.
5. For the fun of it, we'll keep track of all the winners in a scoreboard here. A 20 round will be worth 1 point, a 15 round is worth 2 points, 10 worth 3 and 5 worth 4.
6. If I forgot a rule and must introduce it later, forgive me.