1) The Predators have invented faster-than-light travel and practical man-portable plasma weapons, but have yet to discover even one metal that resists corrosion by acid. Yeah, I realize that gold and iridium are rare in planetary crusts, but the universe is full of mineral-rich asteroids, you boneheads...
2) The aliens take about 2 minutes to go from freshly laid embryo to rupturing a person's chest, which took at least a few hours in each of the previous Alien movies.
3) The Aztec calendar was based on multiples of ten, so the pyramid shifts every ten minutes... with minutes being a Sumerian unit of time based on multiples of 60.
4) Charles Bishop Weyland was so famous in 2004 that androids were made in his likeness 300 years later... when nobody recognized his face anymore. And in Alien 3, Weyland-Yutani was capable of designing and building a new kind of super-realistic android with red blood in only a few hours.
5) The Predators only show up on Earth during heat waves in Predator 1 and 2, so it makes total sense that they'd show up in ****ING ANTARCTICA in AvP.
6) They don't scan the body before bringing it aboard their ship? Seriously guys? I mean, seriously?
Why did Ridley Scott and James Cameron even let that other guy get on the action? It was horrible, and i shun anyone who says otherwise. I don't like to think of the AvP movies, like Monarch said it was just a bad dream.I also liked the Predators series and i thought the new one wasn't too bad actually. And i nearly ruined my trousers when i saw that Ridley Scott was going to finally make that god damn prequel everyone's been wanting. Colonial Marines as a video game without predators? Holy hell they better do it right this time. I saw game play and it looks much better, though the 'new breed' of alien kinda made me go, wtf Gearbox... But gearbox makes good games, and their teaming up with Sega so i don't see what could go wrong unless predators make a guest appearance and **** everyone anally with their damn plasma casters...
Thus far I'm looking forward to Colonial Marines (It's about damn time)
And Prometheus (Ridley Scott's making it so it will be a true prequel)
Not much else out there, unless you count the things that aren't Xenomorph or Yautja... Lets just pretend the Hobbit isn't coming out for a second, even though ****ING FINALLY... But yeah, Prometheus and Colonial Marines :biggrin.gif:
AvP didn't really stay 'true' to the original movies. What I hated the most was that the predators were supposed to be 'advanced' hunters, but they were pretty bad hunters if you think about it. If I remember correctly, the predators die easily from the aliens, and they're pretty **** with their own weapons other than the claws and the shoulder-gun. The aliens were pretty disappointing and I -REALLY- hated how the predator doesn't kill that one girl. Do they REALLY teach predators morals and **** that hunters would be useless with?