- The Road item can be created by using 6 a concrete and 3 rail road tracks to make 10 blocks of Road. The Road item will work simular to the rail road tracks, but look like a carpet block.
New item: Car (Someone said it should be a wagon instead, attached to a horse which sounds pretty epic!)
- The Car is created by using 3 minecarts, 3 iron blocks, 2 glass blocks, and 1 dye (the dye will determine the color of the car). When built, the car can only be placed on 6 blocks of the new item, Road. The road must be placed in a 2 width, and 3 lenth rectangle in order to place the Car on the 6 blocks. Up to 4 players can get in the Car, but only the first player that enters the Car can move it. The Car can only be moved on the Road, falling off the road will make the car come to a stop. You cant push the car.
Whats kind of cool about the car is
- It accelerates by 1 block per second, goes up to 7 blocks per second. Trying to move in the opposite direction stops the car, doing it again will put it in reverse
- It gives the player near complete conrol of the car meaning you can easily determine which direction you want to go in when coming to a cross road by holding the direction that you wish to go in.
- It can hold up to 4 players and 2 mobs, making it easier transport players and mobs to certain locations
I think if a vehicle were to be introduced, it should be steam powered. Take a Piston, throw some Red Stone in and add water plus a Camp Fire and you have your self a Steam Engine. Or better yet. Scrap the vehicle all together and introduce a Steam Powered Jett Pack. I could see vehicles being really glitchy. Jet Packs would be super expensive to make. And require a lot of upkeep and maintenance. But keep the Steam Engine for maybe a Wind Mill or other contraptions. The Steam Punk update! Also, I think a Wagon that you could hitch to your Horse or Donkey would be interesting. To carry more loot back to your camp on mining expeditions. Creating a dirt path with your Shovel would make for easier travel.