1. Placing stone in a furnace gives you smooth stone
2. Baked potatoes level compost bins with just one baked potato, meaning it only requires 7 baked potatoes to generate one bonemeal
3. Barrels are almost twice as cost efficient as regular chests. A full stack of 64 wooden planks crafts 8 chests but will craft 15 barrels
4. Beds are now required for villagers to breed, not doors.
5. Villagers can change professions if multiple workstations are available for interaction. Meaning you can make sections purely for librarians. Just bear in mind when a villager changes profession, they lose all previous trades. I'm not sure if they lose their trade level as well.
6. Villagers can heal at the beginning of every minecraft day.
7. Auto cactus farms can be used with compost bins creating an infinite source of bonemeal
8. Making a 3 high floor with half slabs on top, for example;
B L B
B = block
L = light source
S = slab
Building like this will provide a consistent surface while maintaining a safe light level. Considering how many new slabs and stairs have been added, this will allow for much easier and smoother building without spamming your base with torches.
9. Always have milk on hand. The bad omen effect tends to activate for no reason, usually when logging back into a world. Having milk on hand will give you an alternative to fighting a raid.
Got any new things you've found useful? Feel free to add them down below!
Yes. You gotta go to the app store, under the mcpe app and sign up for beta. Then download the beta update. That will give you barrels, campfires, the new crafting stations and so on. Without even enabling experimental features
I updated Minecraft on my android yesterday. Composter, fletching table, blast furnace not working at all. Seem to be just there for decor. Barrels are also just decor and can't be opened. My game now lags like crazy and loads new chunks very slow...have not tried ALL features yet but so far I have just made my gaming experience worse by installing this update...the new textures are pretty bad...only things I like so far are traveling merchants and shields...