Minecart with Bucket
Minecart with Bucket is a new type of minecart. It allows transport of liquid (like water and lava) on rails, and even Milk. Liquids from Minecart with Bucket can be picked up with an empty bucket. We will discuss more later.
What does it do?
It allows for transport of liquids. It's a better way of transporting liquid through rails. Note that the liquid does not spill. On the other hand, it does not act like a Minecart with Hopper because it can't suck in items. It does nothing if it runs over an Activator Rail. You can pick up liquids from a Minecart with Bucket with an empty Bucket. Mobs can be catching on fire if they jump into the Minecart with Bucket that contains lava.
Minecarts with Bucket filled with water can also be used to make farmland wet if its rails are between farmland.
Mobs can't interact with Minecart with Bucket. However, they can be catched on fire if they go in a Minecart with Bucket that has lava in it. Dropped items will get burned in a Minecart with Bucket that is filled with lava.
To use a Minecart with Bucket, you can right-click on it with a Water Bucket, Lava Bucket, or a Milk Bucket. The liquid can be picked up again from a Minecart with Bucket by right-clicking on a Minecart with Bucket with an empty bucket.
If Hoppers are able to hold liquids in their respective buckets, they can even suck out the liquids from a Minecart with Bucket. Same with the Minecart with Hoppers too.
What does it drop when destroyed?
1 Bucket or 1 Bucket containing its liquid if filled
Liquids do not spill when the Minecart with Bucket is destroyed. This is to prevent breaking of rails.
- Allows for quick transporting of buckets without the help of a player
- Another use with a Bucket
- Can be crafted in the 2x2 crafting grid
- Can be crafted again.
- Allows for mob traps and farms.
- It makes farmland wet when a Minecart with Bucket filled with water is between farmland.
- Griefers or players on a server can harm players through use of a Minecart with Bucket filled with lava.
- Liquids do not spill when the Minecart with Bucket is destroyed. Again, this is to prevent breaking of rails.
- Boats and Minecarts do not interact with the Minecart with Bucket.
- Would be useless since mobs stay away from rails.
- Can also be useless for mob traps since it can be done already by fire and lava, and furnaces.
1. You will sort 1x1 holes with passive mobs. Like chicken, cow, and pig. Only one per hole.
2. At the end of the hole is a drop into a powered rail that is deactivated. This will brake the Minecarts with Bucket. The end of the hole contains a trapdoor to stop mobs from going down continously.
3. At the start will contain the Minecart with Bucket.
4. In the powered rails are levers. They can control the brakes.
5. Finally, how it works: You will pick one 1x1 hole and fill it with one cow. You will push the Minecart with Bucket and fill it with lava. You open the trapdoor and cows fall into the Minecart with Bucket and they catch on fire. If they are still in the minecart they will die and its drops will fly out.
I like this idea, needs some more mechanics though to really be useful. Some way to pick up/place liquids automatically. A dispenser can place/pick up. Perhaps using one directed at the cart would fill/empty it?
There's a use for Minecart with Buckets - simple mob traps. You can learn more about that in the "How it makes mob traps simpler" topic.
I fail to see how that mob trap is anything resembling simple, or how it actually accomplishes anything you can't do by another means more simply. Killing mobs is super-simple - it's collecting them for convenient killing, then collecting their drops, that takes the creativity.