Ever since foxes were added to MC, I been disappointed that you can't tame them. In the real world foxes are slowly being domesticated, mainly in Russia, and I feel that this could be easily implemented in MC. Here's how I'd figure it would go.
1. While in survival, feeding foxes some sweet berries will tame them. (Then once they're tamed they can be bred, also with sweet berries. I don't see the point of trying to breed them when they constantly run from you.)
2. Just as dogs scare skeletons and cats scare creepers, foxes can scare zombies.
3. Foxes should sleep on beds like cats currently do. (Foxes, in my opinion, are animals who run cat software on dog hardware. And I love them for it.)
4. Maybe some sort of natural hatred between the three mobs. Wolves hunt wild foxes, wild foxes hunt ocelots, but tamed mobs are cool with one another. (Maybe have this configurable in gamerules.)
5. I would LOVE to see foxes play with each other and maybe other tamed pets. Like pouncing and such.
6. In real life, foxes come in many different patterns and fur colors. (I attached a pic of my favorite below.)
7. Foxes love to swim, have them swimming in nearby rivers and maybe attempt to catch fish.
8. Why have forest foxes and arctic foxes, but not fennec (desert) foxes? (I think it would be a great way to add content to the comparatively empty deserts.)
In conclusion, I feel that foxes in MC don't do much. (Or at least have way more potential.) And I would LOVE to see these suggestions implemented in MC. (If this doesn't/can't get implemented in vanilla MC, would it be spamming if I copied this to mod suggestions? Or can it be moved there at a later date?)
Im not sure how much research youve done on foxes in minecraft but they are slightly more tameable than ocelots since foxes will actually come to defend you if something attacks you!
Still, i understand that the developers dont want to give people the wrong idea on animals in a way that could cause harm to people or animals, but i do think that there should still be a way to tame these animals further
I think it would be better to simply remind players that this is a *Videogame*, not real life! By putting it, in big words, on our screens as soon as we open a world. That way we can have extra tools to help make our dreams into a simulated reality!