List of suggestions for 1.12, some are fixes, some are just random.
This is NOT meant to be a wish list, this is mainly focused on Nerfing & Fixing items.
- Fix Book & Quil The Book & Quil is nice to keep info in minecraft, or just send messages between muted people xD
The problem with writing in a book & quil is that you can't select a line to edit. Lets say you wrote a huge paragraph, and then found a horrible mistake on a line. You have to rewrite that whole book now.
- Nerf the Husk mob The Husk mob was a quite interesting feature in (was it 1.10?) but I feel like the Husk mob is just another mob.
There should be some challenge to beating it, like maybe it should deal an extra ♥♥'s. (Very little change with Diamond armor) then it can get a useful drop, such as a bottle. (Don't know where it would get a bottle from xD)
- Nerf Ore chances This will be very controversial, but I think if Coal spawn tries are (BY DEFAULT) more difficult, it will force more strategic play until that resource is found. Iron should be just slightly rarer as well, same with gold, diamonds, etc. (I know you can change the spawn tries, but It just isn't the same, feels cheaty)
- Increase mobs hit range mobs are easy to kill no matter how much damage they do, because they can be easily juked out. The only mobs that will need to be nerfed is Zombies, Enderman, & Slimes, because they are easy melee mobs. Adding a range attack doesn't make sense, so increasing their range would make things more difficult. You may think this is impossible, but all it will do is encourage players to use the bow, but be strategic as well. (Enderman are already fast enough) Along with this, their knockback can be reduced (Slimes & Zombies)
- Nerf End Cities I think End cities are OP enough, but its so easy to run in and get some loot. The shulkers aren't too big of a deal, and they should be combined with Ender mites, that have a 25% chance of spawning 5 of them after opening chests.
I'm sorry, but these are not closely related enough to to be allowed. When we say "closely related", we mean differing ideas that are directly tied to each other or have a common element. For example, a new biome with a new biome-specific mob which drops a new mob-specific item would be allowed due to them being interrelated. Unrelated ideas aren't necessarily going to be allowed simply because they are all nerfs or buffs. In your list, your book and quill idea has absolutely nothing to do with your increasing mob hit ranges or nerfing ore chance ideas. There are no common elements between those ideas and nothing tying those ideas together in some way.