Yes, this is important. Recently, there have been links leading to an 'Optifine Website' that is apparently a giveaway for its 3rd Anniversary. Mind that this is fake! It is completely fake and do not enter your E-Mails and Password into it.
To give you a brief look at the fake, here it is:
optifine (dot) support | CapeGiveaway/
As you can see, this is the real website:
This is NOT legit! Proof:
1. Optifine.support is hosted by Cloudfare, as seen here: prntscrcom/399be8
2. Optifine.net is hosted by Hosting Services, as seen here: prntscrcom/399bk7
Here are a couple of questions you should ask yourselves before doing anything:
1. Why are the 2 links different? 1 has optifine.support but the other has optifine.net.
2. How come the end isn't this: optifinenet/capegiveaway
3. Why isn't this announced across the Twitter, etc?
Now let's spot a difference:
1. The fake giveaway background is plain white while the real Optifine website has a snow white background.
The thing is, you can type ANYTHING in those 2 slots and still be able to get in. The part after says that if you share it with 3 friends, you get an Optifine Cape. It's trying to get more accounts hacked. This is a simple warning for those who do not know yet. Spread the word that this isn't real!
If you have completed this properly, change your password immediately. Have a nice day.
yea, but its just consequitive numbers. Basically my password i chose is counting to 80
Yep, but the computer cracking doesn't know that. I'm not sure if it tries doing consecutive numbers first, or it goes throught a list of the most common passwords... You know what? Be right back, I'm going to go hit up the geek squad.