What I don't get is why people make Minecraft Forum pages if the link for the pictures and download is on PlanetMinecraft....
Oh and no offense, but the textures are pretty garbage.
1. to get more downloads (the direct download is unlinkable, and i don't have the screen shots)
2. what i don't get is why people say no offense and then say something really offensive and hurtful.
this is only my first texture pack
4. Join the Texture Artist Union, they exist to help texture artists. If you need advice on textures they are the people to talk too.
5. Get your pack peer reviewed by the TAU before releasing it.
6. Make sure you get screenshots before hand.
7. Post a thread with screenies
We are not your enemies, we do not want you to fail. The opposite in fact, we want you to succeed! Do not take my comments as an attack, but for what they are, an offer of help. I will not lie, you will spend months on this pack. Alvoria, one of the regulars here, made a quick pack in the short time frame of one month and he is a texture god. If you can knock out a pack in a week, it is being done wrong.
how do i delete a thread? it appears all i'm getting is hate.
Report your own post using the handy "Report" button at the bottom of the post. It's right by the "Edit" and "Reply" buttons at the bottom of the post. From that box, select the option that says "Delete My Post" or something similar, and in the text box politely ask a moderator to delete this thread for you.
And no, you're not getting any hate. You're getting criticism. There's a difference, and it would serve you well to learn it. The simple fact is that your textures look almost nothing like the game that they're supposed to be emulating. We would like to encourage you to fix that by making better textures. This is not "hate", this is us wanting you to improve your skills and make something worthy as an homage to the game you're trying to pay homage to.
This is not a personal attack, this is not loathing, this is not an irrational desire that is in any way condescending to you. This is HOPE! If you cannot tell the difference between hope and hate then I'm sorry to say but you have far worse problems than a sub-standard resource pack.