jdMinecraftLauncher is a Minecraft Launcher written in Python. It is a reimplementation of the old launcher, because I hate the new one. You can find screenshots in the Attachments. The Intercae is aviable in German and Englisch.
Get the source on GitLab
Unfortunately there is no binary aviable yet, so you have to install Python to use it.
1. Install Python
2. Open a cmd
pip install jdMinecraftLauncher
4. Now you can execute the Launcher by running
in the cmd
The functions that I use to install and start Minecraft are outsourced in a own library, so you can use it to write your own Launcher.
Heya, glad I found this thing! I tested it and I have a couple of suggestions^^
- Support for multiple accounts
- Allow to launch the same instance if already loaded
- Remember me email/user and password (ofc encrypted form) (the actual option only remembers the accessToken)
- Auto-reconnects if the token is invalid, preventing the user to retype its creds everytime
- Portable installation (I guess by copying the source code would work if I have the deps for it?)
When the token expires, it greets me the login window with no email or pwd, forces me to reenter them again.
Been trying to leave MagicLauncher but I cannot :/ Also works on Windows
Edit: Found your minecraft-launcher-cmd, works like a charm! Something I ever wished, command-line!!
Welcome to the Minecraft Forums
Thank you for your feedback!
I will add a few features you has suggested. Portable instalaltion works with copying the source code to any location. You just need the dependencies.