Slice your map, layer by layer like an MRI. Pan around your world, no matter how big it is. Toggle over to the Nether. Jump to your spawn point, then jump to your current player position.
Version 2.0 is a complete from-scratch rewrite. Supports mods, and saving your current view as a png.
* Fixes problem with 1.7 worlds
* Updated with new blocks
Changes in Version 2.0
* Complete rewrite, now uses Qt5 and written entirely in C++
* Save as PNG
* Supports mods. Example packs for Feed The Beast available.
* Missing features from previous versions due to rewrite. They'll be re-added in the future.
Changes in Version 1.6.3
* Added items from 1.4.2
Changes in Version 1.6.2
* Added biome to status bar
* Added mob spawn highlight function
Changes in Version 1.6.1
* Fixed lighting bugs
* Fixed crashes with depth shading
* Added blocks from 1.3
Changes in Version 1.6
* Uses new Anvil map format
* Reoriented so north matches in-game maps.
* Removed out-of-date slime spawn option.
* Increased cache size.
Changes in Version 1.5
* Adds blocks from 1.0 final
* Adds slime spawn marking (thanks ssimasanti)
* Fixes some windows bugs
* Adds The End as a view option
* Fixed a bug that prevented 1.8 blocks from displaying.
Changes in Version 1.2.1
* Added new blocks from 1.7 and 1.8
Changes in Version 1.2
* Added new blocks from 1.6
* Fixed windows GDI bug
* Fixed windows Jump To Spawn menu item.
Changes in Version 1.1
* Scaevolus's new caching system should speed things up
* Missing tiles now show checkerboard pattern
* Fixed a few block IDs
* Windows version should play nice with minecraft running.
Changes in Version 1.0
* Added Scaevolus's patches which add support for McRegion save files
* Windows/OSX also support named saves now.
Changes in Version 0.9.5
* Added blocks from Beta 1.2
* Windows now has a little progress bar in the statusbar.. OSX and Linux do too, but they don't work right now due to gui and backend being in the same thread.
Changes in Version 0.9.3
* Tweaks to the names of the new hell blocks.
* Lucid compatibility for Linux... no longer requires the latest GTK.
* Hell is now accurately mapped as 8x instead of 16x. Zoom in on your portal, F5 over to hell and you should be right on the corresponding portal, assuming it didn't move (might need to use the layer slider though, since it might be at a different depth)
Changes in Version 0.9
* Hell! (Note: hell has bedrock all along the top, so you'll need the depth slider to see anything but grey)
* New blocks from hell
* Custom color schemes
* Cave mode
* Obscured toggle (this thing is neat)
* Depth shading (lower blocks get slightly darker)
Changes in Version 0.3.1
* Fixed floating point accuracy bug that caused the right side to not draw correctly.
* Increased zoom to 10x
Changes in Version 0.3
* Single window now, letting you switch worlds without quitting.
* Quick jumps to Spawn and player location.
* Statusbar shows block information.
* Current layer is displayed next to slider.
* Windows version completely rewritten in C/C++. It should be a fully static build, no need to install anything special.
Working well on XP service pack 3
Very nice program, so simple and easy to use.
only problem i had was when i pressed maximize window, instead of maximizing it moved to the top left of the screen, but remained functional however.
I'll be using this for all my map viewing that doesn't require any advanced features.
Keep up the good work!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Quote from ianfitz100 »
Why were you getting your hopes up? Set a low bar, and you won't be disappointed.
Quote from jon99977 »
**** THE PEOPLE WHO INVENTED OBFUSCATION. **** THEM WITH KNIVES.
Can't seem to get it working on Windows 7.
Just get an error saying:
Minutor has stopped working.
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: minutor.exe
Problem Signature 02: 126.96.36.199
Problem Signature 03: 4c9c3e4a
Problem Signature 04: Minutor
Problem Signature 05: 188.8.131.52
Problem Signature 06: 4c9c3e4a
Problem Signature 07: 14
Problem Signature 08: 24
Problem Signature 09: System.BadImageFormatException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1030
Additional Information 1: a6ef
Additional Information 2: a6ef4d44dce886453f7bd061d0c36d20
Additional Information 3: 4bf6
Additional Information 4: 4bf60e3a5c5da998d7813f3f60d706af
Crap. I think it's caused by 32bit/64bit linking problem. I'll see if I can't make a 64bit clean version tomorrow.
As far as the full-screen thing goes. Right now you can't resize the view window.
This works excellent on my mac the only thing i cant get it to do is make the screen bigger. Does it have a set window size? its the only downer when i zoom in i cant see more than like 100 blocks wide.
I do have one request: could you add in an alternate way to zoom in/out? I'm one of the five people left on the planet who uses a mouse without a scrollwheel (I personally find a "real" third button to be far more useful). A couple of keybinds would be fine. (Alternatively, I could just add it in myself on my local machine if you were willing to release the source.)
I can get the zip to work on *7* 64 bit but the right clicking to determine the block type does not work properly. Half the time it says Unknown and the rest of the time it is saying a block type that is clearly wrong.
I can get the zip to work on Vista 64 bit but the right clicking to determine the block type does not work properly. Half the time it says Unknown and the rest of the time it is saying a block type that is clearly wrong.
Sounds like it's not properly locating the mouse click location on your system. I'll look into it.
I found a crash: everytime I right-click an open cavern space, the program crashes. I guess it's trying to display the info for a different layer since its an "open" passage and doesn't like that (just a guess). Otherwise awesome little program you have there!
Might I suggest custom instalation location for the installer package. I never install anything to my c:\program files if I can help it.
Edit: Actually, it crashes whenever I right-click an coal square.