The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
- - -
Hello world, Mitchellbrine here! And welcome to Cards vs. Crafters, a Cards Against Humanity clone in Minecraft! It allows you to play Cards Against Humanity with your friends in the fun and (relatively, if whitelisted) safe environment of Minecraft! The mod allows for the gameplay of CAH to be done in the background while working and not be in the way of regular gameplay (this was tested on a server of mine. Iconmaster found diamonds while playing! xD).
- - -
CvC has been my pet-project for a while now. I've been adding on to it , creating GUIs, millions of packets (okay, a bit of a hyperbole, but you get the idea), and refining the basic structure of the mod and fixing crashes.
- - -
How to Play:
CvC requires at least 3 players to be present the entire game. If not, the game shuts itself off in 5 seconds of the log-out.
- - -
1. Press './Decimal' to join a game if one exists. If not, it won't do anything.
- If it doesn't do anything, press 'Return'*.
- Once you've pressed 'Return', it'll open up a GUI where you can enter in codes to play (You can find the codes here (cardcastgame.com).)
- Then press "Done" and it'll create the game and join you into it.
2. Once three players have joined, the game will begin.
3. A player (for the first round, the first player. Then it goes sequential order, from joining) will be called the Card Czar. Everyone will receive 8 cards and a black card will be chosen.
4. Once everyone's played a card(s) (done by pressing '+/Add'* and viewing and choosing from your cards), the Card Czar will be notified and will choose the winning card(s). The holder of those cards will receive a point.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until someone has 8 (this can be configurable) points.
* = All keybinds are configurable in the controls screen.
Technical Description of How the Game Works:
- A player starts the game with the Cardcast codes. The client sends a packet to the server to start the game and if one already exists nothing happens.
- The server gets the codes, compiles the list of white and black cards, and auto-joins the player.
- Once 3 players join, the game begins in 5 seconds. Every round it sends out packets giving the clients data to cache that they need in order for the GUIs to work.
- At the beginning of every round, the Card Czar is chosen, the necessary cards are distributed, and a black card is randomly chosen.
- When someone chooses a card (or 2 or 3, depending on the black card), it sends a packet to the server with the index of the card submission.
- Once all the players have submitted, the Czar is notified and chooses the winning card from an index, which is sent back to the server to process the winner. A new round starts.
- Rinse and repeat until someone has 8 points (it will be configurable in the future).
Screenshots: (As most CAH packs aren't CAH, I'm going to not show you specific cards):
(An example of the game creation GUI with can be opened by pressing 'Return'*)
(It's a cleaner hand of cards. This is an older version of the cards GUI that can be opened by pressing './Decimal'*. The newer version includes button and displays a black card for each round)
*Keybinds are all configurable
All downloads for Cards vs. Crafters are hosted on CurseForge or BitBucket. Any other sites giving you a download could have malicious content included. #StopModReposts
A: Well, with 2 players, there would be a Czar and one person submitting a card(s). 3 is the minimum number of players required to have a competition or game.
Q: How do I stop a game?
A: Get everyone to log out until 2 or less players remain from the game.
Q: Can I add more players after the game has started?
A: Of course, anyone can join during a game, by pressing './Decimal'.
Q: What keybinds does this mod use?
Q: The keybinds are the same as another mod's! Help!
A: Whoa, whoa! Calm down! Go into the "Options/Controls" screen. They're configurable. Don't worry!
Q: I disconnected and now I can't rejoin the game. What do I do?
A: Well, most likely, if this is happening, the game was shut down and you're going to have to create a new one. Sorry, can't say anything more than that. You logged out and the game can't function with less than 3 people.
Q: How do I add card packs?
A: You go here and you find the pack you want.
Q: My favorite pack isn't there.
A: Well, then you're going to have to go and create it on there, because I can't hard code in any packs for legal reasons. That's their (the creators of CAH's) content, not mine.
Q: My friends aren't here to play with me/I'm in singleplayer?
A: Well, look no further! In 1.1.2, I've added new bots to play with you. They play just like you, except more random. Now, you'll never be lonely playing CAH with your trusty bots!