You right click the image, and save it as "terrain.png"
Go to start, click run, and then type in "%appdata%"
It should open a window and at the top there should be a folder called ".minecraft"
Open the folder and there should be a file called "minecraft.jar"
Right click it and click OPEN WITH and then select your .zip program (winrar, 7zip, etc.)
Locate the terrain.png in the minecraft.jar file and copy and overwrite the existing terrain.png with the one you downloaded. Close winrar, start the game, and it should work.
If you want to change the items, do as stated above, but inside the minecraft.jar file there is a folder called "/gui" -- Overwrite the existing items.png with the new one.
* Added Stone hoe
* Added Iron hoe
* Changed the lighter (flint+tinder) to a recoloured version of the lamp from AlttP
* Recoloured AlttP bow to match wood colours
* Created a new sprite for seeds- they now resemble the magic beans from Ocarina of Time
* Changed Iron Ingot to resemble an iron rupee
* Changed Gold Ingot to resemble a gold rupee
* Changed Diamond to look like a Blue Rupee
For the terrain.png
* Re-do all the wheat sprites growing to pumpkin sprites
* Change Red Stone Powder into... ?
For the Items.png
* Change the wheat bundle to an Ordon Pumpkin from Twilight Princess
* Change bread loaf into a slice of pumpkin pie
* Make new sprites for the diamond and gold hoes
* Re-skin spider into a skulltula from Ocarina of Time
* Create a new UI
* Re-skin pig to resemble pigs from Wind Waker
* Re-skin sheep to look smoother, to fit in with graphics
* Create my own re-dead skin, as an alternative to Wild8900's
* Create my own Majora's Moon skin as an alternative to delta7890's and the one that Drenks posted
* Replace sound files...? (If possible)
Hey sorry I did not reply right away had to work. But this really amazes me and I'm definitley going to look into creating some monster skins.
This would be my first attempt at some skins but lets see.
What would a creeper be?
also thanks for looking into the glass for me.
Did you try reskinning the zombie into a redead?
The skeleton could be that friggin Deku Mobs that shoots seeds at you... But it shoots arrows so it means replacing the arrows with another thing.
A deku scrub eh? Is there a possible way to edit it so that they only shoot deku nuts? would that not change the arrow texture too? Remmember this i based off of the snes zelda and not ocarina of tim even though it has some items from other games.
also if I had a better template than whats in the skeleton.png I would be able to try this
I knew that I couldnt make it look exactly like a deku scrub due to not being able to change the model but sadly This being my first skin edit I'm having alittle trouble figureing out which part of the skeletons body is what.
Besides not being papercraft impaired is ther any way to figure this out easily? Because I love this mod and I'd enjoy giving a helping hand.
Wow, I like your iron, gold, and diamond blocks much better than mine. The inner log block, too.
Would you mind if I changed mine to that style? Not necessarily a copy+paste, as I would use my palette..
Either way, looks good.
Well there is the first attempt at a deku scrub I dont think it's gonna work though..... So I might move onto the classic knights or moblins.
THEY ACTUALLY HAVE ARMS AND LEGS. lol
Moblins would be sweet, like the old school moblins from Link's Awakening on the GBA
Quote from Broseidon »
Before i knew there was an items png, i was making one myself (it was bad), but i had a few ideas.
Why not make ore into rupees, and ham into hearts
wow, im really late to the party lol
another idea, is make the head gear into masks
And here I was thinking about how link never eats any meat - That was giving me a hard time, but hearts sounds good to me.
Meat = heart
Cooked meat = heart piece?
I might make some character skins that have masks, eventually.
Quote from jvempire »
This texture pack looks perfect. I'm giving you moral support so count me in as a fan of this!
Quote from MalkSticks »
* Change Red Stone Powder into... ?
I'd say change the icon to resemble the satchel of magic powder (From Link's Awakening? I think it was in LttP, but I'm not certain), seeing as that's what it is.
I have since changed the red powder trails into small red rupee-like gems
I was thinking making the red powder in the items.png into a magic powder bag, like you said, or a red rupee.
The thing about using a magic bag is that mining a rock to have a bag fall out would be strange...
Quote from Slashcko »
Oh wow, pretty impressive, can't wait for it to be finished.
Quote from trollshade13 »
lttp =/= majorra's mask
but maybe another overhaul would do
also, bout the boots, there are boots in the zelda universe
pegasus boots, winged boots, float boots, iron boots etc
I have some items that aren't from Alttp in the items.png, along with custom sprites made by myself (megaton hammer, wooden pick, etc.), so it's all good. I'm just drawing from the visual theme of Alttp, as well as using it where I can, when I can.
Also, pegasus boots are awesome. I used them for the cloth boots.
* Change red powder in inventory to a handful of small red rupees?
- Or maybe a large red rupee?
* Replace feather sprite with the Roc's feather from Link's Awakening?
* Replace ash with...?