I have been trying to install forge on my Ubuntu 18.04 server, but any tutorial I find is only for windows servers. Any ideas?
EDIT: I worked it out! I am going to list the steps in case anyone else needs it:
1. run "java -jar [forge installer jar here] --installServer" in a separate directory just for your server files
2. run "mkdir mods" in the same directory as your forge installation
3. put any mods in the new mods folder
4. when ready to run your server run "java -Xms512M -Xmx3G -jar forge-[forge version here]-universal.jar nogui"
Note change -Xms to the minimum RAM to allocate and -Xmx to the maximum RAM to allocate
Damn that's an old post ^^
Hopefully you are still around with your knowledge on the topic hahah.
Based on all this :
- Where should I create mods directory, in libraries/ ?
- your point 4 is to replace -jar minecraft_server.jar in ExecStart, in the .service file ?
I've been fine with linux for a while now but MC on Linux...completely new to that
- The mods folder should be automatically created when you install the server, in the server's directory. If not, you can add it there.
- He never says anything about replacing anything, he just says- run it. As in run it from the terminal.
Hope this helps
# Team 1.7.10
Do not ask me to switch to newer versions. I will not. Many mods did not update and never plan to, and newer versions just lost the charm.
The following mods have never got to 1.12/1.15:
- Many Many more I can't play without, those are just off the top of my head
The following mods have been completely ruined in new versions: