So I'm trying to create a mod to check a player's held pickaxe against a required pickaxe when mining a given block, canceling the BreakEvent if it doesn't match, and allowing it if it does. I'm new to coding and modding, but I've been able to set up the basis of my mod using beginner coding knowledge, modding tutorials, and the forums (specifically forum user "arisalanna") as resources.
My issue is that while the code in Eclipse has no errors, and the mod is recognized in the test game environment, the behaviour I'm trying to achieve just isn't occurring. Being very new to Java, my best guess is that the ClientProxy I set up following the tutorial is missing something I need, since the tutorial set it up including a "ModelLoader" function, which I assume was related to adding an item into the game, which the tutorial was working towards as a first lesson (which I completed successfully, but removed the resources and the code related to adding the item, besides what's in ClientProxy and CommonProxy since that's what I'm wondering about). It seems like it's just not initializing or something.
Everything besides the "CustomEvent" class and the related code in the Main class PreInit was set up as a basic mod framework from a tutorial, possibly with a few things (like ModelLoader) included for adding items which I'm not using.
LAST UPDATE: After having gotten busy with other things since last posting and forgetting about this whole effort, and now coming back to my modpack, I've since found an existing solution to everything I was trying to do with making this plugin.