Really loving this mod, I love fossicking and collecting minerals in real life. This mod adds that "mining" realism that minecraft failed to develop. The subtle changes to the landscape is great. The education aspect is fantastic too, are there other similar mods that work well with this one?
Couple of ideas:
- for collectors more displayable specimens rare to find, maybe tradeable to villagers for high emerald values.
- water erosion extended from limestone to soils (maybe rare geode drops, fulgerites from where lightning strikes maybe) and sandstone (drop sand). maybe incorporating improved river generation and waterflow so erosion can create realistic gullies and canyons. maybe extended with storms where heavy rain can create new source waterblocks to start the erosion process.
Couple of bugs:
- sheep dont seem to graze to regain wool. breeding wool-less sheep produces baby sheep without wool too.
- actual dirt blocks are very rare and when placed dont seem to gain grass, i dont have silk touch so cant yet try dirt with grass blocks.
- gemstones like aquamarine don't combine into blocks as indicated in wiki, maybe removed from mod.
Mostly I hope to see further updates and thank you so much for the mod as it stands already
I don't think it'll work with v1.8, unless you can find a 1.8 build of the mod. It was very difficult to get it running on v1.12 for me it was very tricky to get exact versions to work together. but got it running with optifine and i think sil shader.