Accidentally Circumstantial Events (ACE) is a minecraft mod that by using JSON files allows to configure custom tasks perfofmed after certain triggers occur. For example it is possible to cancel enderman teleporting ability, add trading station, make ordinary block a sacrificial altar which for dmg will grant potion effect, spawn mobs, make contaminated area only accesable with some items. Mod should be compatibile with other mods (giving blocks new abilities and spawning mod mobs tested with Quadrum and Thaumcraft).
Tasks, triggers and conditions are configured in JSON files which should be located in config/AccidentallyCircumstantialEvents/ directory. Configuration files are described on wiki pages.
- sending chat message
- enderman teleporting and using enderpearl
- harvesting a block
- left clicking and right clicking blocks (also moded)
- tossing items (Q)
- joining world
- time - every x ticks task can be performed
- quest - mods that implement AceQuestEventAPI and use it and trigger for example reward (as of 1.1.0)
- placing block in world
- canceling event if it is cancelable
- posting chat message
- add drops block
- clear all drops from block
- remove defined drops from block
- adding items to inventory
- removing items from inventory
- dropping items in wolrd
- causing player to under potion effect
- reload ACE config on fly in game
- spawning mobs (also moded)
- dumping list of items, blocks or entities for use in ACE and everything else
- setting time of day (as of 1.0.2)
- executing command (as of 1.0.2)
- being in area defined by two points
- random cance x in 100
- items in inventory
- being in area defined by point and radius
- reversed conditions (as of 1.0.1)
- proximity to block or entity (as of 1.0.2)
- active item condition (as of 1.0.2)
- checking time of day (as of 1.0.2)
For future there are planned many more things and stuffs eg:
- making opposite conditions (not having item, not being in area etc) done in 1.0.1
- more triggers, more tasks more conditions
- making tasks conditions
All information how to use mod is gathered on wiki pages.
All issues and bugs please report on issue tracker under "Issues" link.
I test my mod after every compilation but im 1 man team so sometimes there can be bugs. Before using ACE be sure to make copy of Your worlds so You dont loose anything. Im not taking responibility for not taking precautions.
Use in modpacks is encouraged and allowed by linking to this page. Also info about pack including it would be great but is not a necessity.
- Reworked joinWorldTrigger so now it is possible to set tasks that fire on only first join to world, every join to world or every dimmension change/death
- Added potionCondition
- Added game difficultyCondition
This mod is pretty useful, seems like it can do some amazing things but one issue I've found. Is there anyway to ignore metadata when checking if someone has an item? Particularly for tools/armour which have durability and thus constantly changing metadata attempting to check if they've got the item is quite problematic. That's the only issue I've see so far though, good work on the mod.