* (Fabric 1.16.1) Upgrade to Minecraft 1.16.1.
* (Fabric 1.15.2, 1.14.4) Port to Fabric.
* Fixed a bug in old sub-world name conversion causing duplicate sub-worlds.
* Fixed a rare crash when adding a shared waypoint.
* Improved mod version checking to support separate versions for different mod loaders.
* Fixed some minor bugs in the backwards compatibility of waypoints data.
* Fixed being able to create a waypoint set with the same name, which cleared the original, by typing the name and confirming it in the same frame.
* Waypoints will no longer resave when creating temporary waypoints because it's unnecessary.
* Improved waypoints and config saving/loading security.
* Added automatic one-time backup of the whole XaeroWaypoints directory. Please also make your own backup of the "XaeroWaypoints" directory (in the game directory), just in case! Now is a good time.
* Compatibility with Xaero's World Map 1.7.4. Not compatible with older versions.
* Reworked when objects of certain classes are (re)constructed. Every object that can potentially "break" because of an exception is now constructed per game connection and not per client instance. This should fix compatibility with something like VanillaFix. This means that reloading a world now reloads the main parts of the mod, which also means that all waypoints are reloaded from the files (temporary waypoints disappear). I'm planning to make a similar change to the world map mod.
* Improved security of the "Make Server/World Auto" and "Make Sub-World Auto" features.
* Improved security of saving mod settings.
* (1.12.2 - 1.8.9) Fixed updated chunks not being reloaded on the map.
* Compatible with Xaero's World Map 1.7.4 and newer.
+ (1.14.4 - 1.16.1) Added a new button to the waypoints menu options for connecting sub-world from different dimensions mainly for the purpose of cross-dimensional teleportation in multiplayer. If you know that a certain Nether sub-world is from the same world save as your current Overworld sub-world (a vanilla Nether portal takes you there), then you can connect the sub-worlds and be able to teleport. This should fix cross-dimensional teleportation for custom maps from the world map mod. Sub-worlds connected to your current one will be marked with a * symbol and are always at the top of the list.
+ (1.7.10 - 1.12.2) Added a new button to the waypoints menu options for connecting sub-world from different dimensions in multiplayer. If you know that a certain Nether sub-world is from the same world save as your current Overworld sub-world (a vanilla Nether portal takes you there), then you can connect the sub-worlds. Sub-worlds connected to your current one will be marked with a * symbol and are always at the top of the list.
* The effective "auto" sub-world should no longer change (when it's supposed to otherwise) while you're managing waypoints in the waypoints menu. This means that selecting a non-auto sub-world and using something like "Make sub-world auto" should not have unexpected results if the "auto" sub-world switches in the background.
* Fixed waypoints sharing not working for sub-worlds created for custom world maps.
* Fixed clicking "No" in the confirmation screens for waypoints options closing the options menu.
* (Fabric 1.14.4, 1.15.2) Fixed arrow notification crashing the game.
- (1.14.4 - 1.16.1) Removed the "MP Cross-Dimensional TP" option as it is no longer needed.
* Compatibility with Xaero's World Map 1.8. No longer compatible with older versions.
* Fixed the sub-world list trying to find connected sub-worlds on a non-auto world/server, when there are obviously none.
* The selected sub-world will now switch to the "auto" on death (before creating a deathpoint) to lessen the potential confusion.
* Temporary deathpoints will now also be created in all world map-based waypoint sub-worlds, but only if a map hasn't been confirmed yet. This way confirming the map only after you die won't switch you to a sub-world without your latest deathpoint.
* Updated the crash message to include the new preferred bug report link.
* Fixed the minimap being glitchy on world join when not using the world map mod.
* Fixed compatibility with fake worlds (again). For example, fixes crash with bspkrsCore.
* (1.7.10 - 1.12.2) Removed unnecessary fbo setting check, which only caused issues.
* Compatible with Xaero's World Map 1.8.0 or newer.
+ Added a new option for ignoring server heightmaps when updating the minimap or detecting caves. Only use this if the default doesn't work on the server you play on.
* Started using the new waypoint sharing format that supports text formatting from FTB Utilities. The support for the new format has been added months ago, so even old mod versions will be able receive waypoints from this version.
* (Forge) Config button in the mod list will now take you to the mod settings.
* Improved automatic upscale of the minimap, which should better support screen resolutions as high as 16k. This isn't related to the "Minimap Size" option.
* Improved the update notification to now include all outdated mods created by me that you have, instead of having to deal with them 1 by 1. This only includes mods that support the improved notification (at least 20.19.0 version of this mod and 1.9.0 for the world map).
* Improved blending of the player arrow edges.
* Tweaked chunk loading algorithm to work better on very high framerates.
* Fixed minimap glitching shortly after joining a world/server if the world brightness is the darkest possible. Mostly affected MC 1.12.2 and older.
+ (Patron-only) Added the "Don't show again for these updates" button to the automatic update screen.
* Completely redrew all notification icons myself instead of using third party ones.
* Compatible with Xaero's World Map 1.10.0 or newer. No longer compatible with older versions.
+ Added the first server side feature. Installing this mod on the server side (in addition to client) will now make multiworld detection reliable. Although this will change which waypoint sub-world is "auto".
If you're using the world map mod, then just select your old map and confirm. No further action required as it will also restore your waypoints.
If you are NOT using the world map, then go to the waypoints menu, select the correct sub-world from the top-right dropdown menu and use Options -> Make Sub-World Auto.
+ Added a new option "ignoreServerLevelId" to config.txt in XaeroWaypoints for ignoring the new server-controlled sub-world selection.
* (1.14.4 - 1.16.1) Fixed the mod crashing when installed on server side.
* Cave detection will now ignore sky light too when the "Ignore Server Heightmaps" option is enabled.
- Removed API for an old plugin which is out of date and no longer developed.
* (1.14.4 - 1.16.1) Potentially fixed the weird invisible potion effect icons issue that some people are experiencing.
* Compatible with Xaero's World Map 1.10.0 or newer.
* (1.16.2) Upgrade to Minecraft 1.16.2.
* Fixed hotbar losing transparency when switching waypoint sets.
* Fixed the mod not resetting the server level id when switching between a sub-server, which includes this mod on the server side, and a sub-server that doesn't.
* (1.15.1 - 1.16.2) Fixed deathpoints not working when game rule doImmediateRespawn is enabled.
* (1.16.1 - 1.16.2) Baby piglins should now be displayed as friendly on the minimap.
* All mobs will now be displayed as friendly on the minimap on Peaceful difficulty. Other mods can still make mobs hostile on Peaceful but that's something to fix on their end.
* Fixed some modded hostile mobs not using the hostile mob color on the minimap but still being affected by the hostile mobs toggle.
* Fixed text field placeholders being displayed incorrectly when the placeholder text, which can be changed with a resource pack or translation, does not fit the field without scrolling. Although it will still fit a bit less characters than you would expect because of the color code at the beginning. I might rework it to not use the code in the future.
* Fixed sun light not working correctly on the map. This fix will make the map a bit darker/brighter at night, but that's how it was supposed to be. Might add a slider option for that in the future.
* Compatible with Xaero's World Map 1.10.0 or newer.
* Fixed player heads being rendered when holding the TAB key instead of the current key bound to the "Player List" key binding.
* Added more options to the "Show Light Level" option so that you can choose the type of light to show.
* (Forge 1.16.2) Fixed resource pack version.
* Fixed memory leak caused by fake game connections.
* Improved exception handling when starting a minimap session on a new game connection.
- Removed unnecessary tooltip from the "Display Arrows Left" option.
* Compatible with Xaero's World Map 1.10.0 or newer. Version 1.10.3 is recommended.
* Fixed minimap/waypoints being loaded for worlds that are never joined.
* Likely fixed the issue of disconnecting on game join that some people have been experiencing. Although you need to update the world map mod too, since it was an issue in both mods.
* Dimension-scaled coordinates should now work for all 3 vanilla dimensions. Previously specifically required viewing the Overworld subworld in the Nether. You can now do the opposite, or even replace Overworld with The End. Dimension scales for other (data pack or modded) dimensions can't be assumed (as far as I know) so we'll have to do with this for now.
* Fixed a bug in a custom math util, which can fix various issues. For example, waypoints being created at coordinate -2 when standing precisely at coordinate -1.0.
* (1.7.10) Fixed temporary waypoints being created at the eye Y level.
* Fixed FPS drop and log error spam if "List Players" key binding is set to nothing.
* Improved Croatian and Japanese translations. Huge thank you to COMBOhrenovke and graycat27 for translating!