An interesting mod. I always felt vanilla villages were lacking. Two questions/suggestions:
1. Are the villagers going to defend themselves? Can they be armed with a sword and fight back?
2. Is it going to be made so we have to trade with these villagers to get the items they collect? In the future can there be (at least a configurable option) to have villages spawn already having workers? I would suggest having villages like this that collect resources on their own and the player can trade for them rather than just steal. Making it configurable for those who like it the other way around.
1. Yes, I will be introducing at least one new profession that will make the villager protect his village or other individual villagers.
2. Yes (kinda). I am definitely going to bring back the currency aspect from vanilla but I was thinking about making villagers able to craft items themselves if given the right materials, or there are the right materials in their guild chest, then the player can pay villagers to craft items for them. That way a player could pay for say 100 pickaxes and the villager will continuously craft them until he runs out of materials then we he acquires more materials he'll continue crafting again, and so on until the order is fulfilled. However, a few people still wanted vanilla style trading so I may also implement a merchant profession that simply buys and sells items. Also, I was thinking about having villages spawn so that at least a few villagers are assigned some random profession, but it's not as high as a priority as the last two things so it might be a while before I implement this feature.
How do you mean? 1.7.2 is the same as 1.7.10 as far as core mechanics like Chunk loading and Server/Client... Minecraft has been running the Client through a temp server for a few versions already... That's why during loading of a world you should see it say something about starting a server and also why you can make your game a LAN game... Or am I reading your question wrong?
1) Sorry for not responding you immediatly, but i was in vacation.
2) I try to explain it: The new system of chunck loading in 1.7.10 use a pre-rendering to accelerating it, but this method use a lot of ram and combinate client and server of minecraft; some computers can't handle that.
Swear that can explain and that I wasn't wrong.
P.S: If my english is terrible, it's because i'm Italian. So, sorry.