This mod adds a new material to the game. You can get this material by finding and mining my custom ore that spawns deep underground. You can use this material to craft new tools, armor, and blocks. This material is between iron and diamond in every category, like durability, attack, enchantability, etc. This mod also adds a new mob to the game. It is a custom creeper that drops a custom seed. You can use this seed to grow custom crops to get custom food. I have also added a fire bow to the game that you can craft using the custom material. You can download the mod here: http://adf.ly/qdYus
I have also added some screenshots to this thread so you can see what the mod looks like before you download it. This mod requires forge to run! Here are some step by step instructions on how to download and install forge and my mod:
1. Go here to download Forge: http://files.minecraftforge.net/
You always want to use the "Installer" link for downloading forge, but the version number you choose is dependent on the mod you are trying to use.
2. Once Forge has installed, double-click it.
3. You will be asked how you want to install it.
4. The top option (is selected by default) says "Install Client Version," make sure that is selected and then click Install.
5. Once it's done, run Minecraft.
6. At the bottom left of your Minecraft launch screen it says profile: You should see your profile name by default.
7. Click on it and now you should have a "forge" option. Choose it and then click "Play"
8. Once you are on the screen to make a new map(world), exit Minecraft.
9. Press the start button, and in the text box type %appdata%, then press Enter.
10. Open the .minecraft folder.
11. Open the folder called mods.
12. Drag the entire "modid_1.0.jar" file from my mod folder you downloaded previously.
13. Launch Minecraft.
14. You now have a Mods button on your opening screen, this will let you choose which mods are active, but they all should be by default when you add them.
15. Play Minecraft and enjoy!
This is my first mod so please leave some of your comments about my mod below and let me know how I can do better next time!