Honestly, I have no idea how to, otherwise I would (The FAQ was written so people won't ask the questions in it repeatedly, not because I'm against them). I'm not really a good programmer, or really a programmer at all. I'm a designer with lots of ideas who knows how to do a bit with Minecraft modding.
It's one of the reasons I can't/don't want to port the mod to Forge, as well.
Ok, so...HUUUUUUUUGE update! I was originally going to release this when 1.5 came out, but I figured I'd just do it now. I still have a lot more stuff planned though.
- Added Jungle Spiders. A smaller and faster spider that induces the blindness effect when you are attacked by it. They spawn in the Tropical Rainforest, Jungle (Improved only), Rainforest, Tropics, and Sacred Springs.
- Added Rosesters. They are based off of chickens, and lay Rose Red dye instead of eggs. They also drop Rose Red dye if you kill them. They only spawn in the Garden biome.
- Added a new joke set of tools and armor made out of mud!
- Removed the Coast and Field biomes.
- Added Promised Land biome (Replaces the Coast). It's a greatly improved version of the old one, that looks a lot nicer.
- Added Grove biome (Replaces the Field). Mixed forest with occasional clearings that have less trees.
- Added "Improved Vanilla" biomes for the Jungle, Plains, and Swampland. These don't generate in the Default, Large Biomes, or Small Biomes world type. Only in world types that have new biomes in them.
- Changed the Grassland biome quite a bit.
- Minor changes to the Shrubland, Chaparral, and Highland.
- Added Bushes, which generate in some biomes.
- Added Mud Balls, which drop from Mud blocks now, instead of just dropping the block. These are used to craft mud tools and armor.
- Added Mud Bricks. These are smelted from Mud Balls, but currently have no use. They'll be used to craft Mud Brick blocks whenever 1.5 is out, and I can add more blocks.
- Added Shroom Powder. Crafted from Toadstools, they restore half a hunger point, and have a high chance of inducing the nausea effect.
- Various improved textures.
- Removed Ocelots from spawning in the Tropics, because it was buggy, and spawned way too many.
Thanks to enchilado for letting me use his old poop tool/armor textures (I tweaked them to look like mud though). He also did the actual mud armor texture that appears on your character.
Go check out his awesome texture pack, Rakepack. It's sort of an "improved vanilla" pack that improves pretty much every item.
I have some ideas for the 1.5 update.
More new mobs. I'd love it if you could add Cheetahs in the Savanna, but Lions in the Savanna and Monkeys and Jaguars in the Tropical Rainforest would be cool too.
Moss in the Bog. It would spawn as a layer like Snow, in small patches, and when you mine it with a Shovel, it drops Moss. Moss can be used to make Mossy Cobblestone and Stone Brick, as well as a solid Moss block.
Huge flowers in the Garden.
Cherry Leaves rarely drop Cherries, which heal 3 muttons (6 food).
1) I definitely want to add more mobs. Problem is, I'm not a great programmer, and entity modelling/rendering is kind of confusing. If anyone is interested in helping with coding some entities (Mainly just the model and rendering classes), feel free to PM me with an example mob you've made.
2) Moss is one thing I plan on adding when 1.5 is out. It'll generate on stone in some of the swampy and forest biomes, and will spread over other stone slowly.
3) That's also planned for 1.5.
4) Maybe. I might add some other fruit trees as well, but there are already so many food sources in Minecraft, and I don't want to make the game even easier than it already is. If I do add cherries though, they'll only restore 1 hunger point.
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Look over there! Is that another biome? I can't tell there are tons already.
Basic biome support added in the forge patch, and by that I mean I haven't finished adding in all of the forge stuff for biomes to the patch.
It loads ExtraBiomesXL however.
This mod is amazing. Can you add forge support, please? Mod loader and forge can't be in same .jar and i have mods that supports only forge. Is there way you can make it forge loadable? I tried to load it from mods folder but minecraft goes always black screen. If this already have forge support, someone can you help me please? I really dont wanna delete other mods.
You obviously haven't read the thread, check out my signature for a link to the forge patch. Install it by putting it in minecraft.jar after putting biomes o plenty in the jar.
The mobs in Mo' Creatures won't spawn in the biomes without some kind of patch by the creator of it. The Forge patch for this is just to get the mod working with Forge.
Gamax92 is doing this on his own time, so please try not to pester him to add all kinds of things to his patch. I know you're not right now, but this is for future reference for anyone who uses the patch.
Also, for the next update, there will be custom logs and planks for the different trees in the mod. They all just use the oak tree/plank texture, but I wanted to add these placeholders now, so that people won't have to create new worlds again and again.
Every block will be getting its own texture in 1.5, so ones that just use vanilla textures with a color overlay (Red Rock, Ash, etc.) will get their own texture again.
Umm... Why don't you use red rock to fill the canyon instead of stone? It should look way better.
I guess I could have it generate in patches, like how stone generates in the Chaparral. I don't want it to be completely covered in Red rock though, otherwise it'd just be too similar to the Lush Desert.
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Currently it probably won't support ALL forge mods, but it will support most. Only about 4 out of 12 of the conflicting files actually have all their proper forge mappings.
Also, I was making the forge patch based on 188.8.131.521, though it should work for other versions. If it gives an error about yy.someFunctionNameHere, take the yy.class from your minecraftforge-universal.zip and throw it in the patch. You can also PM me about what forge version you were using and I'll see if it could be made compatable.
i have a problem well i got forge and realised this is more to do with modloader so i got the forge patch and i installed this mod i then opened minecraft it work i chose biomes o plenty world type and when it loaded the screen stayed as the dirt block backround then i tryed putting the zip file of biomes o plenty into mods folder didnt work and even the default world type doesnt work help?