NOTE: The new updater is up and working! The map can be updated by following the instructions in the "README that is included with the download. If you are downloading the world for the first time, then just use the "Feed The Pyramid v2.3" world, as it is already up to date".
NOTE2: If you are getting an error in-game about "Scoreboard 'Update' doesn't exist.", please run the command "/scoreboard objectives add Update dummy "Update". Then, you can run the original "scoreboard" command.
NOTE3: If there were any changes made to recipes (check the changelog below), after updating the map, go to the chest where the recipe book originally was. There should be another one, with the new/updated recipes.
This map is a recreation of the FTB-Retro map, made completely in Vanilla! It utilizes a custom crafting system unique to this map, and gated progression to items and resources that can only be unlocked by "feeding" the pyramid the required items. The map is played in a Skyblock-style map generation to support this progression system.
This map is playable from 1 to as many players as you can reasonably fit. Teams are set up for competitive play, or just keeping track of multiple players playing at the same time. There are four separate islands that can be played on simultaneously.
- Fixed Tier II Crafter blueprint.
- Added Squid Spawner to Tier II Recipe chest.
- Changed playerspawn to the Team Selection platform.
- Fixed lava bucket recipe being disabled
- Fixed Team Green Knowledge Hall not opening up first gate
- Fixed Team Blue "The Basics" quest opening the obsidian for Team Red
- Added Sound Effect when crafting is done, making it feel more responsive
- Tier II Crafter no longer requires any armor. It now uses an empty armor stand.
- Added brand-new Updater. This will be used for future updates/bugfixes, so that updates may be done without losing progress on an existing map. Video to show how to update from in-game:
- Changed "Obsidian" recipe to take water bottle instead of water bucket
- Changed "Iron Nugget" recipe to give 2 instead of one
- Changed "Gold Ingot" recipe to take clay balls instead of clay blocks
- Changed "Sugar Cane" recipe to take grass instead of grass blocks
- Fixed "Sugar Cane" recipe
- Players now have spawn set on island once game has started.
ALWAYS BACKUP THE MAP BEFORE UPDATING! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROGRESS!
(You only need to update the map if you have an existing world. Otherwise, download the latest version, and use the "Feed The Pyramid v2.3" world.)
To update the map, download the "Feed The Pyramid v2.3.zip" from the download link below, then extract those files into the "structures" folder located at ".minecraft/saves/Feed The Pyramid v2.3/generated/minecraft/structures".
The ".minecraft" folder can be accessed(by default) by pressing "Windows Key+R", and running "%appdata%"(for Windows), or by opening Finder, pressing "Command+Shift+G", and running "~/Library", then opening "Application Support"(for Mac).
You can download the latest version of the map here
If you would like to record this map, feel free to do so, as long as you provide this thread as a link to the map. If you find any issues in the map, add me on Discord and let me know what they are.
Once again, if you find any bugs, or need any help understanding the map, message me on Discord. My Discord information is in the map's rule book.
I created this map myself, but thanks to the FTB team for coming up with a nifty idea, and to many online forums helping with command block syntax.
Extra thanks to the following, who have given me some suggestions, and helped with various other testing: