"Boxed In" is a minecraft datapack survival add-on designed to increase difficulty and change how you play the game while still not straying away from the core principles of vanilla survival minecraft; mining, crafting, building, resource management and exploration. This is achieved with a SMALL initial worldborder size and an "altar". The player(s) can grow the worldborder size by feeding the altar various valuable resources. Nearly every unique fuel has a unique set of stats that determines the rate at which the border increases, the duration of the increase, and the period of time after expansion which the player can add more fuel. But it comes at a risk. If you don't feed the altar in time, the worldborder returns to its initial size! Be careful!
Due to the changes "Boxed In" provides, nearly every core aspect of vanilla survival minecraft is altered in some way, with a heavy focus on resource management and limited exploration space to provide challenge rather than mobspam.
- 10 unique fuel stats, spread among 17 different resources (5 of these are for the different types of logs)
- 3 Original altar designs to pick from with easy to utilize installation features built in to assist with placing
- Dynamic difficulty settings so you dont have to worry about what difficulty to set it to
- 3 Unique CTM-esque "collections" for certain blocks that give the players reward upon completion
- Start button doubles as a "time remaining" and "boundary size" button once game has started
- Multiplayer compatible
- Anti-cheat commands
- Thorough indicators using both text and audio cues to convey information to players
- Designed to provide meaningful gameplay until end-game
- Heavily balanced to allow for playthrough flexibility
- In-game features to assist with altar placement and to fill gaps in game knowledge
- Robust code, not prone to bugs
Interested in BETA TESTING?
Requirements are only that after the playtesting session(s) you fill out a questionnaire I've written up. Full sentence answers (most of the time) please.
Leave a comment below if you're interested and I'll get in contact with you!