I HAVE UPDATED THE DEMO, IF YOU PLAYED THE PREVIOUS VERSION, YOU HAVE PLAYED A BROKEN MAP. I ACCIDENTALLY LEFT A DOOR OPEN THAT LEADS YOU TO THE END, LETTING YOU SKIP ABOUT 75 PERCENT OF THE DEMO, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED YOU DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION INSTEAD.
Optifine is REQUIRED for this map, NO EXCEPTIONS. The map heavily relies on it's custom lightmaps as well as the use of dynamic held torches that give off light while in hand. The map is quite literally unplayable without Optifine, you NEED it.
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED YOU PLAY THE ORIGINAL MAP FIRST, OTHERWISE ANYTHING FROM MINOR REFERENCES TO HUGE STORY REVEALS WILL PROBABLY NOT MAKE MUCH SENSE TO YOU.
This is a SINGLE PLAYER only map. Playing it in multiplayer may break it.
This map was created with a more mature audience in mind. The story revolves around mature themes that may trigger some players, both implied and outright stated. The map also features some very mild language, but nothing too bad, no F-bombs or anything.
With that said:
Into the Depths 2: The Unbidden is a full game length, story driven, psychological horror custom map for Minecraft that is heavily inspired by the Silent Hill series, with many elements also taken from the Resident Evil series, including Resident Evil 7 as well as PT. In this sequel, the nightmares of the first map are fully realized in a way never done before, using custom textures provided by a collaborative effort between some of the best texture artists in the Minecraft community (Monsterfish, Misa, TheSheWolf, and RedXuchilbara to name a few). Through the use of Optifine, custom sounds, lightmaps (for intense darkness), and dynamic lighting have all been wrapped up in a constantly shifting nightmare world that you travel to through various mirrors and other means.Face your fear in this first chapter, which includes the first 90+ minutes of the full map, which is aiming to be 5-6 hours long when eventually released.
The first chapter takes place in the first major story location, Kohler Elementary School, the design of which is based off the middle school I went to and graduated from back in 2008!
This map comes with a custom resource pack with everything you need. You MUST install the latest version of Optifine for version 1.11.2. It is highly recommended you play this map with headphones.
If you truly want the full experience, I'd recommend changing your Minecraft skin to the default Alex skin, as the map's resource pack comes with a custom Alex player skin that allows you to properly look like the main character, Alena Hall.
- A long, complex, character driven story that both stands on it's own as well as builds off of the story of the original map. Featuring a colorful cast of characters with distinct personalities, motivations, and inner conflicts.
- Intense darkness and atmosphere through the use of custom textures, sounds, and Optifine features.
- Finely tuned gameplay. Everything from enemy placement, to damage values, to item distribution has been finely tuned so you always feel like you're just barely surviving. You never have too much of anything, but you always have what you need to get by.
- Mirrors. Through the use of mirrors, you will be able to travel back and forth between the real and nightmare worlds at will. Both worlds feature the same locations and layouts, but with differences. Some doors may be locked in the real world that's open in the nightmare world, items might be in one but not the other, as well as enemies.
- Dark Souls x Resident Evil inspired level design. Locations are designed in a way that they loop back in on themselves. You'll constantly be finding locations that lead you to shortcuts, or previously inaccessible areas, in a way that rewards exploration and allows the player to familiarize themselves with the environment, which can let you learn to plan safe travel routes and memorize locations, enemies, and item placements.
- Item management. Those 27 inventory slots you love so much in Minecraft? Forget them. Command blocks are set up so those 27 slots are rendered completely unusable by constantly replacing that slot with a placeholder item. Don't even try to play items in there, or they will be instantly destroyed, possibly breaking the map. You're restricted to your 9 hotbar slots, so you always have to pick and choose what you should take with you.
- Save rooms. Like the classic horror games of the late 90's and early 2000's, this map features save rooms, where you can sleep in a bed to save your progress, as well as an ender chest where you can store and manage items between rooms. These rooms also have their very own save room music, so you'll instantly feel a sense of relief when finding one!
- Full length game. This is only the first chapter, and I'm releasing it now because this map is a gargantuan undertaking, and I'm only one guy. This first chapter encompasses the first 90+ minutes of a map that is planned to be three or four times that length, with alternate gamemodes added post-full release. I wanted to give you guys a taste of what's to come because I can't predict when the full map will be released, as there is still so much to do.
I HAVE UPDATED THE DEMO, IF YOU PLAYED THE PREVIOUS VERSION, YOU HAVE PLAYED A BROKEN MAP. I ACCIDENTALLY LEFT A DOOR OPEN THAT LEADS YOU TO THE END, LETTING YOU SKIP ABOUT 75 PERCENT OF THE DEMO, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED YOU DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION INSTEAD.[/b]
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Just finished my playthru of the map (Full playthru here if you are stuck - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDoyxSYdycZAUFY83WCTaMJ3rgnrpOExo ) Easily the scariest map Ive ever played. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, and Im not just saying that because you are my friend lmao. Eagerly awaiting the finished project and while Im sad to see the end to the into the depths story after this map, Im hopefull you will make other maps in the future and Im excited to see how they turn out. My hats off to you friend, you went above and beyond what I expected from this demo
downloaded this map and it is awesome ! i only just heard of the first one when i played Rainvale High(at the end of it was a call out to yours) so i gave it a go and had a blast trying to solve it ... only issue i had with this demo is the ending ...the door did not open ... so i had to jump to creative to grab a lever to manually open it ... thanks for the super fun maps and can't wait for the release of the full on experience