Blind Chase is a 2-player competitive Minecraft adventure map, where one of the two players is selected as a Chaser, and the other one as the Chased. The Chaser must catch the Chased or blow them up, all while not seeing eachother.
There are 3 gamemodes and 2 scoring systems, all of which are explained in the map. However, I will put them here as well (in the spoiler).
The Chaser attempts to catch the Chased before the time runs out. The Chaser leaves a black trail on the arena, allowing the Chased to see where they are.
- Speed Boost: Gives the chaser a temporary speed boost. Lasts 10 seconds.
- No Trail: Causes the Chaser to not leave any trail. Lasts 5 seconds.
- Rainbow Trail: Causes the Chaser to leave a rainbow trail, allowing the Chased to see where they are. Lasts 10 seconds.
- Clear Board: Clears the board. Instant Use.
- Glass Wall: Opens a glass wall between the 2 players, allowing them to see where they are. Lasts 10 seconds.
Rapid Switch Mode:
Same as Classic Mode, except the Chaser and the Chased switch every 10 seconds.
The Chaser must place down bombs in order to blow up the Chased before the time runs out, however the Chaser can blow himself up as well.
- Basic Bomb: Explodes in a 7x7 area (9x9 in Points Mode)
- Cross Bomb: Explodes in a cross formation, each line having a width of 3 blocks (5 in Points Mode)
The Chaser also has a Fire Trail upgrade, which causes the Chased to leave a trail of fire that he (or the Chaser) cannot step on for 10 seconds.
Instant Scoring System:
In Classic/Rapid Switch mode: The Chaser wins when catching the Chased. The Chased wins when the time runs out.
In Bombs mode: The Chaser wins when blowing up the Chased. The Chased wins when the time runs out or the Chaser blows himself up.
Points Scoring System:
In Classic/Rapid Switch mode: The Chaser earns points when near the Chased and loses points when far away.
In Bombs Mode: The Chaser earns points when blowing up the Chased or when the Chased steps on a fire trail, and loses them when the Chased is safe. The Chaser is invulnerable to his own Bombs, or the Chased's fire trail.
All non-Minecraft sound effects (only 2 of them) are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported. Link 1Link 2
Please report any bugs you find. I've bugfixed everything I've found, however if you do find anything let me know!
KNOWN BUG: IF YOU JOIN NOT IN ADVENTURE MODE, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SET YOUR GAMEMODE TO IT.