Really enjoying Horrifeye so far Completed the first 3 areas, and loving the polish on the whole thing. Couple of problems/bugs we've come across though - The advancement 'Map in a map' seems to be missing its description (just displaying the word 'description') and we've followed the clues for Thieves in Night in the Mount Doom area, but when we got there, we found the Zeal disc instead. Is this right? Would highly recommend the map so far, one of the best I've played in a while.
EDIT: It appears the disks are more all over the place than I had first expected. Clue for Zeal makes sense (even if the clue for Thieves matched up perfectly too), and, armed with new information, I've a new idea about where Thieves might actually be.
Got all the 12 ender eyes and finished the map! This map was probably the most difficult CTM map I've done but I enjoyed every second of it.
My favorite area, by far, was
Polychrome Mountains! Such a beautiful area, loved the color scheme and the Japanese architecture.
I'm working on getting all the music discs - 6 more to go - and it's taking a while to find all them now that I've completed the monument and super creepers spawn naturally... It's a pain in the **** to explore every nook and cranny.
Anyways, RenderXR's done a fantastic job of crafting the puzzles. Except maybe that one riddle that requires high school algebra to solve.
The riddle on one of the castle towers... I don't know if the answer block is that pure. Threw me off quite a bit.
Looking forward to finishing the map & RenderXR's next project!
I've played a decent amount of CTM maps and I absolutely love Untold Stories 4. The health mechanic is great and I would love to see it implemented in many other maps. The map itself was so well done and I will definitely check out the other maps as well.
I've been playing through a lot of old CTM maps and recently found your series. I just finished Goliath with almost every emerald (I love this extra goal but I literally have no idea where 44 is). I absolutely loved it, it reminded me a lot of Legendary (my favourite ctm map). I'm looking forward to playing the rest in the series.
Just finished corona trials. Have to say that this is probably one of the best CTM maps I ever played. Here's the most outstanding things that I can say about this map:
1) It has perfect balance. Each area perfectly corresponds to the gear that player should have by reaching it. No area is too easy, but no area is too difficult and overwhelmed with stupidly overbuffed mobs either (well, besides
maybe, that's just... hell of a difficulty, but it's endmap area so it's fine)
2) Each area is super unique. You won't find 2 locations that look similar. And each location is not just mcedited and copypasted, but has a lot of detailed work on it for sure.
3) Shortcut system is 10/10. Even though I'm a fan of railways, command blocks also are pretty good.
4) Absence of void areas. Void areas are horrible step in map making, they forcing player to either leave their stuff behind to not risk losing it or do tricky boding things like piston bridging. No void areas = very good. You still have a lot of ways to die and lose everything though, but you always have a chance to recover at least something, unlike with void.
5) Decent amount of gameplay. It's not short map for sure.
6) Incredible finale.
Have to say couple words about cons too
1) Had hard time finding path to new intersection through
Maybe it's just me, but I ran around entrance few times and then gave up used spectator mode to find it. Well, turns out I was just few steps away from it. Some lighting or so would be nice in such situations.
2) How in the world should I guess that I should place
in puzzle area? I mean really, I only was able after I completed map and went ahead to investigate it with creative mode.