Are you sure you want to do this? Only do this if you have played the map and are stuck
okay, if you are sure
To get the last piece of obsidian, you must:
1. set your render distance on far.
2. Make your way to the island that is the furtherest from the island you spawn on (the island with a mini ravine on it)
3. Look out to where the sun rises. go towards that edge of the island.
4. You should be able to see an air ship. the air ship has the last piece of obsidian on it. If you cannot see the air ship, it will be because the chunks have not yet rendered out that far. it might take a few minutes. But you should be able to see it straight away if you always had your render distance on far
Play on at least easy.
No mods that give you an advantage. Mods like mo' creatures are allowed.
Do not purposely kill yourself to get full health and food bar.
Do not leave the boundaries of the map. I made it pretty big, but where the map starts generating chunks is the boundary.
CHALLENGES: -Standard Survival Island Challenges:
* Create a 2 storey house with glass windows
* Create a brick fireplace
* Find the hidden chests scattered across the map
* Conquer a mob spawner -Challenges Specific To This Map:
* Access the nether
* Locate both music discs
* Find the jukebox
* Create a farm of every single plant. Plants are hidden throughout the map. (A list of plants is beneath challenges)
* Connect each island with bridges (On Earth and Nether)
* Make a nice flower garden
Tree(Normal, WhiteWood, and DarkWood)
Mushrooms (Red and Brown)
Flowers (Red and Yellow)
I would recommend having the render distance on far, other wise it will be impossible to uncover all the secrets. Sorry about that.
does anyone want to make a survival series on this map?
Hey! My friend (Dystopia) and I are planning to do a survival series, but don't know which one yet. So I'll consult with him about this map. But I'm sure he'll agree that the map looks fun and well done. I'm looking forward to playing it! :biggrin.gif:
We will definitely be doing this map! Why would you even think you need to consult me!?
This is so good! Anybody wanna play this together?
i think it would be fun to play this map with someone else do you have a temp server set up?i am having lots of fun on this map although im using 1.9 Pre-release 5 and the nether didnt have the islands it was just the normal nether should i take out pr5?
man it looks epic but... when i opened the file on mediafire i dragged the file from my downloads file into my saves file in my minecraft folder and i didnt get the floating islands, but instead the original survival island ashien or whatever made that the yogscast showed, so... help?!?!?!never mind i tried again and it worked /:tongue.gif:
man it looks epic but... when i opened the file on mediafire i dragged the file from my downloads file into my saves file in my minecraft folder and i didnt get the floating islands, but instead the original survival island ashien or whatever made that the yogscast showed, so... help?!?!?!
never mind i tried again and it worked /:tongue.gif: