Excited about 1.6, but can't be bothered to read massive laundry lists of update points? Curious to see what's new, but you don't want to watch a 17-hour movie trilogy to see them all? Not to worry - pedro has you covered!
This delightful song about 1.6 - approximately 30 seconds long - condenses all the new features of the update into an easy-to-digest package of awesome. Check it out!
Because no one needs to know that your hunger drains from normal regen! It's not like anyone doesn't care about an area getting harder and harder the longer you spend in an area! Heck, it's not like anyone will care that zombies can see someone a further distance and can spawn others when you're not looking! Who cares bout that stained clay! It's like a painting in a block!
He forgot a few things (pretty much some very negativ changes too...):
1. Zombies seem to have a retarded spotting range (Would fit better for blazes, the netherfort guardians, but not for common zombies, but hey atleast they are more of a threat now)
2. Mobs become harder the longer you stay in an area, thanks for killing SMP servers Jeb, well mainly thanks to reddit for suggesting that to him... Yes I hate reddit. (Horrible change, seriously reddit, just stop suggesting this.)
3. Golden Apples need goldingots instead of nuggets, got a decent 2nd effect, but Super Golden apples (with goldblocks) got nerfed sadly too (good that normal gapples cost more, bad that ultra gapples got nerfed)
4. Heal potion and regen potion nerf, glistering melons take 8 nuggets now instead of 1 (which is a good change imo)
5. Hunger drains as fast as if steve would suffer from worm parasits if you get SLIGHTLY hurt. Also here again... Thanks REDDIT for suggesting this nonsense.
6. Sprinting works odd since 1.6.2, it has like a second delay before you start sprinting...
So to sum the (imo) bad changes up: Want the game harder? Make new challenging mobs and not by adding RANDOM factors like zombies spawn other zombies or mobs turning incredible hard after you spent a while in an area. Seriously on the tempmap on my server people complained already that zombies do 5-6 hearts damage on full iron... can anyone confirm that too?
All he does is list the Horses, Hay, Coal, Bug Fixes and Carpets
What about leads, name tags, the upsidedown mob secret, resource packs, retextured lapis block and retextured charcoal, new 'Splash' screen names, can't break blocks with sword in creative, villager noises, hardened clay, stained clay and much more.
You could probably say all of the above in 30 seconds aswell
They quite obviously only wanted to talk about the good things in this update. Sure they excluded some small things like leads, nametags, and resource packs, but those are good thing. Everything else is bad:
1.region difficulty increase = so much for settling in a home.
2. Hunger "fix" = watch you step/destroyed PVP
3. Recipe changes/ = gold apples aren't worth making
4. donkey/mules = there are horses. Why do we need these? This just leaves the world littered with these pointless horse varients.