There used to be a dropdown at the bottom of each thread that would allow you to quickly jump to a different subforum. That should come back. The navigation tree (ie: Minecraft Forum → Minecraft General → News and Announcements) being at the bottom would also be helpful. When you're done reading a thread it makes it easy to jump back up to the parent folder without scrolling to the top of the page.
I just wanted to take a sec to offer a genuine Thank You to everybody that worked on the upgrade and those that manage this site on a regular basis. Running a site like this is a lot of work, and most of the time the hard work goes unrecognized. Upgrades can be especially trying, and by the timestamps on messages it looks like a solid 11-12 hours was put into doing the upgrade.
Again, thank you for all of the hard work that you've put into this site. I, for one, greatly appreciate it.
I very much dislike the new layout. I have fibre optic, yet it's slow, clunky and unresponsive.
I had lots of trouble fixing my avatar, and gravatar is absolutely terrible because it's limited to square shapes. Any images i tried to upload got the usual error.
It takes ages for my posts to appear.
At least the old Curse network error is gone, though. I also like that new shinyness.
Too many people online. Or to many people keep hitting F5 in the mods section.
So tell me, WHERE ARE MY WATCHED TOPICS? This is pathetic. (EDIT: found them, but it's still pathetic that I had to search so long.)
Well. Now that all my watched topics are missing, I'm going to have to search for the topics I do remember that I was watching.
Oh, wait. The bling got boosted, but SEARCH IS STILL CRAP. Guess what I care about more?
EDIT: Okay, so watched topics got pulled out of the forum options and under a nearly-invisible gear tab in the top right corner, under an option that my eye passed over repeatedly, named "Content I Follow". "Subscriptions" goes to a page where you can pay Curse money to have your forum blinged up but its interface devalued.
The topic subscriptions page is not organized. And you don't have anything resembling control over your notification options. (EDIT 2: Why do I have to enable edit options on a page where it's expected that I'll be editing my options?)
On top of all that, search is still crap. Why can't I search by title, not just sort result titles by alphanumeric value (almost completely useless feature)? Why is it that links from the search engine still don't go to the actual post it found with the words in it when I click them?
Bleah. This upgrade wasn't worth it to me as a user.
Reasons I(90% of us) hate this update:
2. All links, pictures etc are broken.
3. Even posts with only one word waste lots of space.(Actually, everything takes up lots of space. New, treads, etc. Even WITH adblock.)
4. All buttons for post options are no longer placed in one area
5. The last button disappeared.
6. Watched threads are screwed up, & arranged out of order.
7. Goodbye avatar.
8. The curse network error shows up just as often.
9. The search feature is still the worst I've ever used.
10. No hot threads. really?
11. It takes 8 seconds to give someone a +one
12. Profile pictures & forum images are merged & my animated gif avatar is broken as well.
13. The fact that nothing(important) is being done about it.
This is real BS. Also, where did that defensive post on page 5 go again? Change the damn thing back.
I'm surprised you even consider this an update. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
All of the post (or all of the ones I have seen) are f***ed up (don't know how else to say it).
Like instead of the post appearing nice and sleek, it's all messed up, like we can see the HTML tags and things like that. + links don't work.
I am very unhappy.
A couple of suggested changes;
1. Add a spoiler button. If it's easy for the newbs to find maybe they will use it rather than post a 100 lines of error code.
2. If someone posts an avatar of 90 x 90 pixels or smaller turn off the auto re-sizer (it might to be easier to limit an avatar photo to 90 x 90; then no need to change the size).
3. The current (and old) link system is FUBAR. If you develop a way to link prior posts (or provide a tutorial) there is less need to keep posting inflated quotes.
well it do looks quite... posh? i like some of the new content it makes it be more organizated, so yeah, quite a nice change. good work Curse!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
if i behave weird in my post; it's not that i am weird actually. I like to pretend being weird just for the satisfaction of me and to make the community feel more normal. herpy herpy derp. btw, comic sans.
1) Aaaand you're paying for forum software....why?
2) BBCode support (a.k.a. shortcode) seems to have been removed in this version. IPB isn't a normal forum software, so this problem might not be on Curse.
3) The good part is the Curse integration. Very useful, when traveling across Curse sites, and very similar to WordPress.
Ruined everything about my post on my map, f**ked up my signature, removed the videos from my post, scrambled all my formatting, the videos disappear when i edit the post, it is laggy as hell, it doesn't register some of my typing, makes my profile comments look like i posted them, wont let me load the interface, uses WAY too much memory, and i cant see who is viewing my post. FIX IT PLEASE!!!!!!
Your friendly neighborhood Kingpin here...
Glad to see Recent threads and Notch's tumblr on the home page.
Like many others, i was stressed with the fact that my thread OP looked like a syntax tornado had just been there. But after finding the cleverly hidden 'edit' button and saving the post, everything pretty much seemed back to normal. For the most part I was able to save my whole post without too much trouble. It looks almost like it did the day before except one thing. I cant seem to get Horizontal Rule to work. Its one of the things that you dont realize how important it was to you until its gone. I know its just a freaking line, but it makes things look so much neater and organized. Is anyone else having this problem? Should i just learn to live without it? LOL
umm i noticed a bit of a problem all the image links and download links arnt working and have been replaced by the code that is usually used to put them in a post, I'm not completely sure if this is the cause but since I'm not having this problem anywhere else, and this sounds like a big change, I,m pretty sure it is