The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
ll DICTATOR ll
Ok so i know that the likelihood of MODS coming to console are very rare however. . . .There are plugins that have shown their worth and do not alter the game in a way that is destructive, so why not have an approved list of OPTIONS to the game such as;
* LWC or LOCKETTE ---- The ability to lock chests. I mean this should be a no brainer!
* World Guard/World Edit --- Again a no brainer protecting from grief and building popular servers!
* ECONOMY or CHESTSHOPS--- shouldnt players be able to have markets or a no rip-off way to trade items in game!
To be brutally honest, we don't need any of those, as current game functionality provides a solution to most of those problems you outlined.
Locked chests - We have Ender chests that creates a unique inventory for everyone that uses it. If you're having trouble with people stealing things, or destroying chests, hide your chests. You don't even have to complex with redstone builds, just a fake wall will do.
Grief protection - The console editions don't save when you pause the game, and auto-save can be deactivated at any time. If you get griefed, you can exit without saving. As well as that, you can still boot people out of a world if you're an admin of the world.
Trading - Trading is something that can be done with villagers, but you could establish a currency and economy system with your friends. Besides, having a max of 8 players on a multiplayer world negates the need for an in-depth, comprehensive plugin that officiates something like that.
Not to mention, that whether you call it a mod or a plugin, it's still manipulation of official game data, which still violates Microsoft's ToS
i suppose i could agree 50%. However i should know not to expect too much from console games beings that nearly any PC game surpasses any console game 3-4 times fold. $500 for a console that has 1/32 of the computing power of my machine lol. I started minecraft on the 360 played if for about a year built some awesome maps. Then i discovered pc version, bought and built a custom gaming rig and have been playing PC games since. Thanks Minecraft! for reminding me how much better PC gaming is than XBOX/PS
I grew up on pc games and then the console craze hit :(. I can guarantee i will not be buying any more consoles.
but here are a few more issues i find annoying about XBOX minecraft while im on the subject. . .
* Please increase the number of breedable mobs! it is so annoying to have such a cheesy limit on villagers/cows/chickens etc. . by the time you build an iron farm, a cow and pig farm you are very quickly out of breedable mobs! so lame!
* Fix the Blaze spawners please! blaze drop the most XP and when u try to build a blaze grinder in the nether you get very little spawns because all the mobs are spawning outside and that leaves no spawns for your spawner! another lame issue!
* Should definately add the ability to either A: silk touch spawners and move them to another location B: add the ability to place them/obtain them
* Where are the DARK OAK, double SPRUCE trees, Acacia Trees in these new world sizes. There is plenty of room in the new maps to have a dark oak biome, instead u get repeated jungle and snow biomes ? lame!
* Why not have a clay biome ? you have to silk touch clay from under water and then hafto bake it in a furnace. . . then dye it to get colored hardened clay ?
* Please fix the multiplayer mob spawn rate! ever notice when u have more than one person on your server the mobs spawn rate goes insane! it causes heavy lag and ruins xp grinders/spawners.
* Please make the combining of items in your inventory a possibility! ever get good mob drops from mobs at your grinder and hafto use countless anvils to repair even a simple bow ?
* Again. . .Why can we not lock chests ? we should have the ability to at least safeguard our valueables! besides using a small enderchest. or trying to hide them which is annoying every time u want to access your diamond stash u gotta dig it out.
* Anvil repairs/creations are TOO EXPENSIVE you cannot even craft a diamond sword with "sharpness v" "fire aspect2" "unbreaking3" "looting3"