0.13 is out and it includes some much requested additions:
* Furnace interface changed.
* Font size for chests and inventory changed.
* Arrangement of items in chests.
* "Tips" for items.
* Redstone can be placed.
* Pressure plates.
* Redstone torches.
* New minecart rails.
* New doors.
* Other stuff I haven't discovered yet.
Not included (yet):
* Slimes, for sticky pistons.
* Pistons, period.
* The usual stuff, not expected, ie horses, hoppers, maps (although you can craft paper)
* All trap doors close when opening world, even if you left them open when saving. This happens in new or old worlds. (Plays havoc with trap door-lined water troughs... and I had a bunch).
Mine Carts are still to slow no matter how many powered rails are down. A bit more speed would be good..... or some rocket packs
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. ~ Mark Twain