I got a lot of help from the Minecraft Coder Pack team to organize the translations in the Google docs, but still it was quite a bit of overhead to administrate it. I've tried to find a solution to this problem by testing out various crowdsourced translation tools (for example GetLocalization, MyGengo, Transifex and Smartling).
The tool that was the best (or the least bad) for our purposes was "Crowdin," but it's still not perfect. In any case, we are running a trial for a few days here: http://crowdin.net/project/minecraft
I would like to hear your feedback on if this is a feasible translation system for us to use.
One problem I see with this, is that the translation added to crowdin is an older version. Is there a chance that it will be updated to the latest version, that is in the now closed google doc (the one, that is separate for each language), or should I just edit the crowdin version, and bring it up to date. To be specific, I'm talking about the Polish (PL_pl) version.