Tinkers' Construct is a mod about putting tools together in a wide variety of ways, then modifying them until they turn into something else. The tools never disappear and can be named and changed to your heart's desire. Once you make them, they're yours forever. Any world generation included in the mod is more efficient, but not required to progress.
Tinkers' Construct is a tech companion to Natura. The mods play well separately, but work best together.
Like the mod and have a few coins to spare? Becoming a patron keeps adf.ly off of the download links and goes towards hosting or development of the mod. It also has some nifty rewards for supporting me! 1.7.10 Downloads Alpha versions, use at your own risk and report all bugs you find! 1.7.2 is not supported. Make backups of your worlds before updating!
TConstruct (Content!) - 1.6.0d31
Mantle (Required Coremod) - 0.3.0
Library still in flux - check Github
1.6.X Downloads Alpha version, new content building in progress. Expect bugs!
TConstruct - Experimental Build 30
- Smeltery controllers, drains, and seared tanks now have comparator output
- Essence berries converted from oreberries shouldnot crash the game
- Liquid colors for molten metals are now correct
- Feather fall wings drop much faster
- Weapons now harvest more materials. Scythes harvest a lot more, including wool
- Most modifiers for armor won't crash the game now
- Stencil Table reverted (for now)
- Fixed a crash bug with blood magic lava crystals
- Fixed step height bug with traveller's boots
- Blue slimes have proper health values
- Added metal slimes
- Blue slimes can spawn naturally
- Stone tools readded, adjusted to exactly match wood tools
- Nerfed nether metals
- Buffed steel
- All oreberries changed to essence berries
- Traveller's Gear has been added. Goggles, Vest, Wings, Boots, Belt, Gloves
- Traveller's Gear can be modified. It is clothing, not armor.
- Stone tool crafting has been removed. Wood tools have been buffed to compensate.
- Stencil Table rework in progress.
- Beginner's Tools are given for new worlds.
- Many API changes. Addons are not expected to work.
- Tool Forges can now name any item if it does not have a name.
- Stencils now craft in sets of 4, Barricades in sets of 16.
- Fixed ingots being able to be made without a cast
- Fixed pigiron and glue buckets misbehaving
- Fix faucets crashing the client sometimes
- Fix certain tools crashing the client when rendering
- Fixed Smeltery failing over time
- Hotfix for scythes crashing in the tool station
- Bows should no longer eat FPS like candy
- Daggers and Arrows render properly
- The Smeltery should always be capable of melting villagers now
- Blocks should render as blocks when melting in the Smeltery
- Hotfix for quartz modifier malfunction
- Removed battlegear compatibility due to API breakage
- Casting Channel behavior with faucets should be quite useable now.
- Knapsacks are now dimensionally aware (Witchery compatibility)
- Changed how hearts render to better represent poison and wither status.
- Fixed duplication exploits
- Fixed duplication bugs
- Fixed duplications of crafting in the crafting station and no you can't do it anymore!
- Fixed reinforced tooltip
- Standardized speed tooltips
- Fixed compressed cobblestone melting values
- Custom NPCs should not drop yellow hearts 100% of the time now
- Tools should work properly with attributes now (Exo-armor, spiked gloves, etc)
- Added a drawbridge blacklist
- Armor Gui accessories redone
- Yellow hearts will drop from bosses
- Tasty now drops bacon every so often
- Added a creative-mode way to get tools
- Added a third extra modifier for tools
- Battlesigns have the writable trait
- Battlesigns now have the "Damage Reflector" ability
- Scythes with silk touch function as shears
- A config setting has been added to make vanilla tools have only one use
- Knapsacks should sync properly on load
- The tool station gui now shows speed properly
- Slimegrass will no longer grow under other slimegrass
- Added a crafting recipe for the exo-suit, config value disabled by default.
- The Crafting Station is now somewhat sensitive to blocks around it. Tool Stations, Chests, etc
- Fixed various bugs involved with aluminum and block crafting
- Added TE3 support for Nether ores and aluminum
- Various changes to casting channels
- Obsidian mixing in the Smeltery re-added
- Bow lag should be slightly improved
- Fixed a bug that let hammers mine blocks above their mining
- Added a name tag recipe
- Fixed blood drop item behavior
- Added a config for crafting of endstone
- Added a config to disable tool log spam
- Fixed a bug with tool log spam
- Misc fixes
- Bronze and aluminum brass names reverted
- Fixed a bug with the descriptive books crashing
- Fixed a bug where any item could be placed in the armor gui
- Default value for bronze alloy changed to 4 ingots (Update your configs)
- Bronze and Aluminum Brass renamed to align with Thermal Expansion
- Suppression fixes for iguana tweaks
- Fix FoV shenanigans
- All hostile mobs drop miniature red hearts
- Alternate empty canister recipe
- Blood can be poured into a casting table and then put on a drying rack
- Slime channels can be made with raw slimeballs
- Nether version of the Smeltery that can be made with Natura's nether materials
- Blood channels
- Retrofixed battlegear support
- Fixed battlegear support
- Fixed a display bug with RF tool durability
- Cleavers do more damage
- Drawbridges, igniters, signals, and cable buses were moved to TMechworks
- Essence extractors were removed
- Added a gem cast
- Emeralds are now meltable
- Horses melt into glue
- Pigiron tools
- Aluminum ingots are now registered as "aluminum" and "aluminium" instead of "naturalAluminum"
- ALL descriptive books updated to reflect changes
- Tooltips added on blocks that need them
- New storage block textures
- Thermal expansion support
- Extra Utilities support
- Tools without another ability can throw splash potions
- Fluids are source versions instead of finite
- Ender items melt at the proper values
- Experimental Adaptive Smeltery config setting. It's quite buggy, off by default
- Tool parts are meltable
- SDX, the mining explosive
- Wooden rails
- Stone ladders
- Wooden patterns can be used as furnace fuel
- Repair modifier reworked
- Wooden armor has recipes
- Slime islands should be transparent now
- AE support for multiblocks
- Fix oreDict recipes regarding stone torches
- Updated battlegear support
- Added a warning message to crashlogs regarding GregTech or OptiFine
- (We don't support these mods in any way)
- Updated to 1.6.4
- Fixed a crash when a drawbridge is placed in another drawbridge's camo slot.
- Various drawbridge changes
- Items can be tossed in the Smeltery from above
- Metals render properly behind translucent blocks
- Reduced updates on casting channels
- Slime Channels
- Bounce Pads
- Battlegear 2 support
- Initial Mystcraft Support
- MFR support is now a child mod
- Many config settings for Slime Islands
- Removed EBXL API
- Knapsacks drop items in the proper place
- Attacking iron golems with computercraft turtles no longer crashes the game
- Arrow rendering
- Landmines no longer duplicate things
For talking about the mod, modding in general, or other things, you can find me on irc.esper.net, #TinkersConstruct
Updated spotlight from Direwolf20
Outdated spotlight by Direwolf20
Video tutorials by Naxza:
Detailed spotlight by bluffamuchuck
Modded survival by Defeter33
Mod spotlight by beckbrojack
Smeltery spotlight by haighyorkie
Mod spotlight by robplaysminecraft
Mod review by TheBeastCubed:
To get started you need a few tables and a place to put your patterns.
You build, modify, and repair tools like so.
1.2 brings a new multi-block structure for turning metals into liquids.
It can be automated with redstone and hoppers.
The mod also brings a few mobs to the game, like this fellow here.
Armor has started, but is very unfinished and would need to be done by the community. Here's your hints:
And that's all there is to it! There's a lot of depth in the system, and most things are documented in-game. Anything that isn't is left for you to explore.
Q: My tool places torches/blocks on right-click, is this a bug?
A: This is intentional. And useful.
Q: I'm playing with Aether 2 or Galacticraft and I can't see the armor tab, help!
A: Press "O"
Q: What other mods does this support?
A: Anything with copper and bronze ingots can be turned into tools. XyCraft aluminum and TConstruct aluminum are equivalent, and IC2 has an electric modifier. Metallurgy is supported through an addon - check the downloads section.
Q: What mods are incompatible with this?
A: MultiMine prevents the broad area on Tier 2 tools from working. GregTech may not work at all. OptiFine and any bukkit envrionment (MCPC+, BukkitForge) aren't supported either.
Q: I have a bug with 1.5.2. Can you fix it?
A: Report 1.5.2 bugs here.
Q: I can't update because of other mods/modpacks!
A: This is a personal choice that we will not cater to. If you're going to use a modpack, you accept all responsibility for updating mods yourself, like you normally would. Likewise, not updating because other mods haven't updated does not mean we have to support you.
It's unfair to ask us to fix bugs that have already been fixed in later versions of Minecraft.
Q: I gave myself some tools from /give or NEI and it crashes!
A: You have given yourself a default tool with no data. The tool really needs the data. Pull one out of the creative menu or put the parts together normally.
Installation and Troubleshooting
First, make sure you've downloaded and installed Minecraft Forge. (alternate) TConstruct goes in the mods folder inside .minecraft or your server's mods folder.
If you're still having problems: run this Error Test and post the results on this thread.
This mod is covered under the Creative Commons 3.0 license. Modpacks are encouraged, feel free to do anything you like with it. I only ask that you enjoy it!
I posted something similar here but I think it got removed.. or I just can't see it anymore. I've been struggling, trying to control the formatting on my posts, and it literally can't keep it's hands off the formatting - even if I post clean code directly into the BBCode editor. I'm at a loss at how to change my thread post.
Thank you for the feedback, we're aware that there are some oddities with the WYSIWYG editor and we will be investigating. We're very sorry for the inconvenience! If you need to make urgent adjustments to your post please Contact Us and I'll get to helping you as soon as possible.