Well, just like thousands out there, we are hopelessly addicted to Minecraft and it is ok with us. We do not want cure to this awesome addiction. What we want… is more Minecraft and we will not rest till everyone in the world is hooked on this Minecraft lifestyle.
So quit your job , drop out of school and dump your girlfriend/boyfriend: it is too late to quit now… get some of this fine Minecraft stuff!
Here at Minecraft Junkie we just love Minecraft and playing it, so our server is about feeding that addiction and just having fun playing this amazing game. We feel everyone should be able to play, so our server is 100% public right away, you may build right off the bat and we have no builder rank. Also, servers can be public and grief free, we have a team of staff devoted to preventing griefing at all costs, so everyone can play the game and not worry about their builds and items. Also our staff are promoted to playing just like you, they do not spawn items and we keep the true vanilla feel.
We are very centered around the idea of a community. We have many towns, cities, businesses, and whole civilizations of people working together to survive in the world of Minecraft. Each community can do whatever they please. They can institute their own economy system, make their own community storage, create farms, have leaders, make jobs, literally anything. This is what makes Minecraft Junkie so great, our communities and the people on the server are always just there to have fun and play Minecraft.
Here are some things members have said about our server:
After going through several servers and experiencing lacking administration, lack of respect, and overall lacking in playability - this server does just the opposite and provides a pretty damn good place with some real cool people. Stability and gameplay...
Best server I've ever been on. Friendly people and stable server. The no spawn rule might not be for everyone but if you want everyone building on equal terms and appreciating the effort people put into building then this is your server.
Here is a list of some towns and communities:
Description: The first town, founded by some of our oldest members. This town is great if you just want to get started, and don't want to worry about to many rules. Probably the most laid back town, with no restrictions on who can join (other than greifers) or what you can build (as long as its not overly offensive). This town spawn over a large area with everything from a Church of Notch to a huge tree house structure, and castle walls surrounding the city! As with all the towns, server rules still apply.
Description: Asgard one of the largest towns. This town while it may seem small at first, it spans over a wide portion of the map. You are pretty much free to build whatever you want. Since it was a previous spawn town it is mostly a bunch of wooden houses and cobble towers with a lot of great people there to keep it active.
Description: This is an amazing underground town carved into a mountain by a small, closely knit community. This town was once a secret for veterans only town, it is now public. Since this town was once private it does have some restrictions on where you can build and what you can do. Simply ask a moderator or admin for guidance with this absolutely incredible feat of teamwork.
Description: Tundra is our current spawn town. Its is hugely popular and has absolutely wonderful communities. Just within this town there are about three sub-communities working and building together. Tundra lies on a huge plain of snow, thus the name Tundra, and snowball shooting dispensers are just one of the perks of a snow town. Really, Tundra is a great for all new people because everyone on this server is so welcoming, especially the group of people who are constantly wowing us staff with their awesome builds and societies.
Description: Aspen in our new Pyre. It is a town that is for veteran + users only. It lies in a Mountain region, snow biome, all in Beta 1.2 land. Originally started as a quest to find Lapiz this once 1 x 2 shelter hideout has turned into one of the most amazing towns and communities this server has to offer. This towns community is so awesome they have a two story public storage where people simply share their materials. Griefing in Aspen is non-existent, they have golden streetlights that have not been touched.
All in all Minecraft Junkie delivers a server that is community based, the admins play like you do, they never spawn blocks. The moderators never abuse their powers and griefers are banned immediately.
• Lightweight Chest Protection
• Big Brother
• World Edit
• World Guard
• Don’t Grief – Griefing includes breaking any block that has been placed by another player, taking items from chests or otherwise making the life of another player difficult. If in doubt, ask a staff member before you take action. We will ban any griefers on sight. TNT is disabled on the server for this reason, and attempting to use will result in an instant and permanent ban.
• No hacking or exploiting the game – Don’t take advantage of SMP bugs to make the game unfair. The tool drop exploit is allowed, as are mods like MC Patcher. Anything else should be cleared with staff first, and any evidence of using an exploit to give yourself an advantage will get you banned.
• Build Sensibly – Some areas have different rules, but mostly you can build where you want on here. That doesn’t mean you can ignore your neighbours and do whatever you please, though. Avoid building giant lava and water towers, and don’t building floating objects without giving them proper supports. If in doubt, ask in chat.
• Read the website before you play – It takes 2 minutes to read the website everyday to make sure you are up to date with the server. If a rule changes and you didn’t read the site to find out, it is your fault. Constantly asking questions of staff that are already answered on the site may also get you banned.
• Be polite – When talking in main chat, please refrain from anything that might be considered bad taste, including sexual remarks and excessive swearing. Be polite when talking to other users and keep swearing and caps to a minimum. You don’t have to be friends with everyone who plays, but we expect you to respect everyone.
• You are responsible for your actions – We’ve heard the excuse ‘it was my friend/sister’ so many time, and it’s gotten old. If you can’t keep your account secure, and someone logs in as you and griefs, you will still be banned. Keep your password secure, and keep it safe