A couple of friends and I will be making a Minecraft server for a war roleplay. Basically, it will be a 5v5 game in an arena. The object of the game is to destroy the other team's "keystone" which will most likely be made of diamond. We will post more info later including rules.
Rules now posted, wall of text incoming:
Minecraft Wars v.1.0
By Bobo1172, Pierocks, and Strikea
• 200x400 block width and length
• Adminium walls
• 3 blocks high above ground
• Down to bedrock below soil
5. Guard – Guards the key block and chest; cannot be aggressive.
6. Pyro – Specialist; weak but powerful.
1 bucket of lava
1 empty bucket
7. Spy – Espionage; steals from enemy
Dirt or stone skin
8. Woodsman – Light offense; wood collection + burning.
Flint and steel
• 5 minutes to build a base and place your keystone
• Everyone is builder
• Players are given a large chest completely full of cobblestone for the duration of the set-up period
• Placing the key block:
o Must be placed in a room before the set-up period ends
o Key block room
Must be above ground
No walls more than 3 blocks thick
o Key block must be visible
• 1 crafting table supplied
Rules – The following will result in a ban
• Exiting the arena
• Logging out
• Acting outside of your class
• If your base is not properly constructed, you forfeit
• Items can be purchased from shop.
• Shop in middle of map
• No protection given
20 coal -> 10 iron -> 5 gold -> 1 diamond
Items & Classes
• Class specific items – Using an item for another class results in a ban
1. Iron Sword or higher = Soldier, Guard
2. Iron Pick, Diamond Pick = Miner
3. Cobblestone = Builder
4. Flint + Steel, Iron Axes or higher = Woodsman
5. Lava, Bucket = Pyro
6. Diamond Shovel = Spy
7. Bow = Archer
• All other items may be used by any class
• If you have an item you’re not supposed to have you MUST place it in a chest (supplied) ASAP.
the game is complex yes, it has flaws yes, we will fix them because this is a work in progress.
my dream is to someday have a mod to do this, which is why if you look at my posts im figuring out modding.
right now what we need is people we can trust to follow the rules and take it seriously.
Please post if you are interested.
There is a 5 minute setup period, where a lot of rescourses are supplied. We have rules now, we are just formatting them. They will be up soon. We are starting small to do a controlled test. But the idea is to get up to hopefully 50v50
Yes and no. My friend will be hosting the server initially. That match (5v5) is going to be invite only. Then if that is successfully we will slowly ramp it up to be larger teams and ultimately rent a server to host it On. Does that answer your question?
woot rules up! i know its restrictive in some regards, but i think it will encourage team work (you need to gaurd you miner because he is the only one who can mine the key block etc.) keep in mind this is for 5v5, it will change when it gets bigger.
Can you freely change class then? Also are there incremental rounds or is it more of a "once it starts it starts and you better pray you're ready". Rounds would help with working with your team more but I don't know how that would be possible.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Quote from Intelligent Christian »
The Minecraft term for using children as sex slaves is "griefing".
yes you can change class, but only on respawn, the other thing i am considering is you have to go back to a room to change classes, but not sure. and i was going for a once it starts ur on till its over game, that way its constantly evolving, with the builder constantly building, miner constantly mining etc. the thing is is im going to be supporting the drop ur item to refreshes use bug, for now.