I'm an op/admin over at the Rawcritics.com City Event Server and we are in need of some extras for a film we are making in house. We are looking to max out the server at 40 people (might be increased).
As it is now, we have several minutes of footage that needs to be shot over several planned angles and scripted events.
Who we are looking for:
- Obviously no griefers. This is for fun so don't try to ruin it, you will just end of banned and that is no fun for anyone. We will be teleporting everyone to the battlefield anyway in the time leading up to the Event.
- The control to not talk in chat during filming. Obviously, we need the lines of communication open. We have /global /local chat abilities built in to the server so using local chat will help.
- NO default skins at all. None.
- You need to be good with a Sword, Axe, and Bow! :smile.gif: Which leads into:
- If you can get there ahead of time and make your own weapons that would be great - it would help us limit the spawning we will have to do later. Please do not make all diamond weapons - we want an assortment of colors and types.
No need to sign-up. We are taking first come first serve as long as you are there for the Event. Everyone else will have to leave until are done filming. Everyone on the server should be on the Battlefield until filming is done!
There will most likely be a restart an hour or so before the event begins to make sure everything is fresh.
Also, there is an IRC for the rawcritics minecraft server, however I've had little luck in getting into it with previous attempts, but that's probably because of my lack of IRC experience. It's located on DAL Net, and you just go in with a nickname and join the IRC, but I can't remember the exact name of the channel.
EDIT: Ahha! Finally figured it out. Go to DALnet, go in with nickname, then type "/join #rawcriticsminecraft" and you should be in. Turns out my massive amount of attempts to connect made the server "throttle" me, and not allow me to join :tongue.gif: Guess I need more patience.
I've been on this server for 3 weeks and I will not leave it for any other server. Ever. The ops are friendly and the rules that they have in place are sturdy but fair. There a usually 2-3 ops online at all times making sure that the playing experience is equal for all players. The Anti-griefing features are amazingly efficient and help with keeping the creations intact.
If you are looking to join this server, JOIN. You have nothing to do. If you are a bit shy, send me a message and I will help you get acquainted properly :biggrin.gif:
You have been officially invited to come join us for the premiere of the trailer for the first official storyline content expansion release exclusively for minecraft.rawcritics.com! This is a first look at the upcoming playable storyline (complete with a unique reward upon completion) available for free to all minecraft.rawcritics.com citizens...
When: Saturday November 19th - 11am EST
Where: Right here!
I will be available in game at that time for any questions you guys might have.
Do you have what it takes to outlast everyone on the server?
Announcing the Inaugural Zombie Survival Tournament!
This is a bracket style tournament broken into rounds.
In order to participate you will choose the time slot that best fits your schedule. Details and brackets will be displayed to the public in the events section sometime after signups end at midnight on Wednesday December 15th EST.
**The number of rounds and fighters per round will vary depending on how many people sign up. The more that participate the bigger this will get! I ask that if you sign up - please participate!